GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
mr.d

About 20 Vehicles Broken Into In DuBois And Sandy Twp. Over Weekend

SPONSOR:  

About 20 vehicles broken into in DuBois, Sandy Township over weekend

wheels-car-driving-travel.jpg
Posted on 

DuBois, PA – About 20 vehicles were broken into and items and money were stolen from them over the weekend near the Sandy Township and DuBois City line.

Police say it happened in the area of Chestnut Avenue and Maple Avenue.

It appears that many of the vehicles had been unlocked at the time.

Although there’s not a comprehensive list of everything that was taken yet, DuBois City Police Chief Blaine Clark says they went for a lot of the same things that are commonly taken in vehicle break-ins. The thief also, strangely enough, took several vehicle owner’s manuals.

Chief Blaine Clark gives some vehicle safety tips for discouraging break-ins, plus shares info about the string of vehicle break-ins on the weekend of Jan. 5-6, 2021.

Because it had snowed, officers were able to follow the footprints for a little ways, but the snow had also melted enough that they were not able to completely determine where the thief had come from or where they fled to.

The thief still remains unidentified, so if you know anything about it, call the DuBois City or Sandy Township Police.

One of the best things you can do to help discourage theft from your vehicle is to simply lock the doors each and every time you leave your vehicle unattended.

If you are able, you should also lock the center console and glove box.

Do not leave anything valuable or that could be perceived as valuable out in the open, such as on the seats or floor of your car.

If possible, park close to your home and in a well-lit area.

If you ever find that something has been stolen from your vehicle, call your local police right away so they can start the investigation.                                                                                                                             LISTEN TO POLICE MESSAGE     ;   https://www.connectradio.fm/2021/01/06/about-20-vehicles-broken-into-in-dubois-sandy-township-over-weekend/

some people still trust people....I know.... the younger gen dont get it....and if they really want in your car...a locked door wont stop them, then you have to replace a window too

To achieve the title of old and wise, you must first be young and dumb :P

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak. :P

On 1/6/2021 at 9:40 PM, brandn18 said:

Why on earth do ppl not lock thier car doors??  They've provided a wireless transponder for decades so it can be locked with ease.  Mind blowing.  

People shouldn't have to lock up their things. People just need to keep their grubby hands off poop that isn't theirs... when they get what's deserved people will be crying because somebody took it upon theirselves to solve the issue ...

5 hours ago, jt85 said:

People shouldn't have to lock up their things. People just need to keep their grubby hands off poop that isn't theirs... when they get what's deserved people will be crying because somebody took it upon theirselves to solve the issue ...

Okay, but until people stop putting their hands on poop that isn't theirs.. I'm just going to lock my car because it takes a split second.  I doubt there's ever been a time in the history of humanity that there weren't thieves among us.

2 hours ago, brandn18 said:

Okay, but until people stop putting their hands on poop that isn't theirs.. I'm just going to lock my car because it takes a split second.  I doubt there's ever been a time in the history of humanity that there weren't thieves among 

I hope it doesn't happen but there only gonna get the kids riverside bag of garbage or the one in the front seat..

On 1/8/2021 at 8:52 AM, jt85 said:

Wishing on a Star has the same results.  Being robbed is an indication that we've made it too easy for kids who are in their formative years to learn bad habits.  A car alarm would be a great tool once you got it set properly to stop false alarms.  

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

On 1/9/2021 at 6:50 PM, Petee said:

Wishing on a Star has the same results.  Being robbed is an indication that we've made it too easy for kids who are in their formative years to learn bad habits.  A car alarm would be a great tool once you got it set properly to stop false alarms.  

I agree but I also know that it was adults that did the breaking in the cars. At least this is what I'm hearing and the people are drug addicts and dealers that are being watched. Also heard the one stole a car that night and was out of jail in a couple days. Well the know where the problem is but just want to watch and do nothing about it. I say bust these no good s.o.b and get the out of this town. We don't need this crap here. This is a chilled town with to many bad apples.

Well, a mountain top in Wyoming might work but don't expect that no one will find you there eventually.  Try finding a policeman within 50 miles to help you.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

28 minutes ago, Gator11 said:

Hmmmm stealing could a Democrat candidate in training

only if they blame you of doing it first

To achieve the title of old and wise, you must first be young and dumb :P

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak. :P