GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
mr.d

4 People Died As Trump Supporters Stormed Capital

SPONSOR:  

4 people died as Trump supporters stormed Capitol, police say

by Associated Press

FILE – Protesters enter the Senate Chamber on January 06, 2021 in Washington, DC. (Photo by Win McNamee/Getty Images)
FILE – Protesters enter the Senate Chamber on January 06, 2021 in Washington, DC. (Photo by Win McNamee/Getty Images)
Facebook Share IconTwitter Share IconEmail Share Icon

WASHINGTON (AP) — Four people died as supporters of President Donald Trump violently occupied the U.S. Capitol.

Washington, D.C., Police Chief Robert Contee said the dead on Wednesday included a woman who was shot by the U.S. Capitol Police, as well as three others who died in “medical emergencies.”

Police said both law enforcement and Trump supporters deployed chemical irritants during the hourslong occupation of the Capitol building before it was cleared Wednesday evening by law enforcement.

The woman was shot earlier Wednesday as the mob tried to break through a barricaded door in the Capitol where police were armed on the other side. She was hospitalized with a gunshot wound and later died.

D.C. police officials also say two pipe bombs were recovered, one outside the Democratic National Committee and one outside the Republican National Committee. Police found a cooler from a vehicle that had a long gun and Molotov cocktail on Capitol grounds.

AP's earlier story is below.

______

A woman who was shot inside the U.S. Capitol during the violent pro-Trump protest has died.

That’s according to two officials familiar with the matter who spoke to The Associated Press on Wednesday on condition of anonymity because they weren’t authorized to speak publicly.

Trump protesters storm Capitol

The Metropolitan Police Department said it was taking the lead on the shooting investigation. Police did not immediately provide details about the circumstances of the shooting.

Dozens of people breached security perimeters at the Capitol and lawmakers inside the House chamber were told to put on gas masks as tear gas was fired in the Rotunda.

A chaplain prayed as police guarded the doors to the chamber and lawmakers tried to gather information about what was happening, and an announcement was played inside the Capitol as lawmakers were meeting and expected to vote to affirm Biden's victory. Due to an “external security threat,” no one could enter or exit the Capitol complex, the recording said.

Protesters were also seen inside the Senate chamber. One got up on the dais and yelled “Trump won that election.”

Several dozen were roaming through the halls, yelling “Where are they?” according to a pool report.

Congressional leaders were whisked to safety. Vice-President Elect Kamala Harris, who was attending the joint session, and was also said to be safe.              SEE VIDEO REPORT    ;   https://wjactv.com/news/nation-world/ap-source-1-person-shot-at-us-capitol-amid-melee-with-trump-supporters-condition-unknown

What gets me is that 99.9 percent of the folks there were just peaceful people making their stand known.  Then the trouble makers all came in and gave them all a bad name.  I noticed that the guy pictured with the horns and red white and blue face was pictured in other riots this year.  And the guy next to him was making the Antifa sign.  Just imposters bent on evil coming in to take advantage and make trouble.  It's very sad folks had to die and were hurt and there was destruction.  That was uncalled for.  What makes me mad is that Dems are condemning this horribly, and it was less violence than the BLM movement.  I didn't hear about them condemning that.

Every day is a gift from God; that's why we call it the "present!"

The Question is why did the cop shoot her. She was unarmed. They peaceful Trump supporters didnt bring weapons or were disarmed upon entry. MOlotov Cocktail? Antifa's weapon of choice. Im waiting to see what was prepostioned. 

1 hour ago, Polo said:

What gets me is that 99.9 percent of the folks there were just peaceful people making their stand known.  Then the trouble makers all came in and gave them all a bad name.  I noticed that the guy pictured with the horns and red white and blue face was pictured in other riots this year.  And the guy next to him was making the Antifa sign.  Just imposters bent on evil coming in to take advantage and make trouble.  It's very sad folks had to die and were hurt and there was destruction.  That was uncalled for.  What makes me mad is that Dems are condemning this horribly, and it was less violence than the BLM movement.  I didn't hear about them condemning that.

The guy with the horns is a QAnon'er from Arizona. He's one of the 'Patriots'.

2 hours ago, jaman said:

The Question is why did the cop shoot her. She was unarmed. They peaceful Trump supporters didnt bring weapons or were disarmed upon entry. MOlotov Cocktail? Antifa's weapon of choice. Im waiting to see what was prepostioned. 

I am surprised more were not shot and killed.

Once you entered Capitol illegally you are fair game. 

Our legislators deserved better protection.

Another misleading headline like many used by the media today. Three of those people died of medical problems that were not related to their activities. (Their death certificates will probably have Covid-19 listed as cause of death.;)) The DC police were responsible for the death of the 4th because she was basically trespassing if what is being reported is true but who knows with the media. Wherein are the protestors responsible for any of these deaths? Were any of the actual rioters who tore up cities in 2020 shot by police or anyone else who was officially supposed to be protecting the cities?

You will never convince me this wasn't orchestrated from the very beginning.  But that's just me being stubborn and obstinate---and believe it or not, some people love me.  :huh:

"A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse." - Thomas Jefferson

2 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

We deserve better protection from our bought and paid for legislators! Just saying. They really need to see we the people are tired of all the corruption.

Isn't it weird that in America our flag and our culture offend so many people, but our benefits don't?

3 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

We'll find out soon :clap4: .. There were marines that were undercover there recording what was really going on.

I watched many video that police were just letting them in thru the doors and also thru the security barricades.

It looked to me like a set-up..

If you REALLY think about it, the Capital building is probably the 2nd most secure building in America and  they got in that EASY?? :no:

I don't buy it!!

ErItEaMW4AUoZUG?format=jpg&name=medium

mErJu4NIXUAMjqzJ?format=jpg&name=large

1 hour ago, Pompeii said:

We'll find out soon :clap4: .. There were marines that were undercover there recording what was really going on.

I watched many video that police were just letting them in thru the doors and also thru the security barricades.

It looked to me like a set-up..

If you REALLY think about it, the Capital building is probably the 2nd most secure building in America and  they got in that EASY?? :no:

I don't buy it!!

ErItEaMW4AUoZUG?format=jpg&name=medium

mErJu4NIXUAMjqzJ?format=jpg&name=large

Thing what came true yesterday was they turned the Military on the Citizens. 

I just watched a video from Mary Grace who was interviewing a security guard that was there yesterday at the Capital .

He said there were police that were letting people into the Capital building . He said, that was not normal and didn't make sense.

He also stated that the some police were also moving barricades and letting people go thru which was very strange.

US Capitol Police officer dies from injuries in riot

by: Reuters

Posted:  / Updated: 
GettyImages-1230455153.jpg?w=2560&h=1440

Police stand as supporters of US President Donald Trump protest outside the US Capitol on January 6, 2021, in Washington, DC. – Demonstrators breeched security and entered the Capitol as Congress debated the a 2020 presidential election Electoral Vote Certification. (Photo by Brendan SMIALOWSKI / AFP) (Photo by BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI/AFP via Getty Images)

WASHINGTON (NewsNation Now) — U.S. Capitol Police said late on Thursday that a police officer named Brian Sicknick died due to injuries sustained in response to the riot led by supporters of U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday at the U.S. Capitol.

“Officer Sicknick was responding to the riots on Wednesday, January 6, 2021, at the U.S. Capitol and was injured while physically engaging with protesters,” the police said in a statement, adding he passed away on Thursday night.

The death of Officer Sicknick will be investigated by Washington D.C. Metro Police’s Homicide branch, the USCP and other federal agencies.

Full Statement

At approximately 9:30 p.m. this evening (January 7, 2021), United States Capitol Police Officer Brian D. Sicknick passed away due to injuries sustained while on-duty. 

Officer Sicknick was responding to the riots on Wednesday, January 6, 2021, at the U.S. Capitol and was injured while physically engaging with protesters.  He returned to his division office and collapsed.  He was taken to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.  The death of Officer Sicknick will be investigated by the Metropolitan Police Department’s Homicide Branch, the USCP, and our federal partners. 

Officer Sicknick joined the USCP in July 2008, and most recently served in the Department’s First Responder’s Unit. 

The entire USCP Department expresses its deepest sympathies to Officer Sicknick’s family and friends on their loss, and mourns the loss of a friend and colleague. 

We ask that Officer Sicknick’s family, and other USCP officers’ and their families’ privacy be respected during this time.

UNITED STATES CAPITOL POLICE                                                                                                                                                                         https://www.wearecentralpa.com/news/us-capitol-police-officer-dies-following-injuries-sustained-during-riot/

15 minutes ago, sunflake said:

Protesting should never be a death sentence.  She should not have doing that, but shooting her dead..  no way..why not tase?

Initial reports say that there was no verbal warning either. Why no, "stop or I'll shoot" type warning?  Wednesday was a complete breakdown by law enforcement on may levels.  

Maybe following the guidance from the President?  What was it that he said? Oh yeah. "When the looting starts, the shooting starts."  You can't invite violence and then be upset when death happens.  Pick a side. 

3 minutes ago, MIM307 said:

Maybe following the guidance from the President?  What was it that he said? Oh yeah. "When the looting starts, the shooting starts."  You can't invite violence and then be upset when death happens.  Pick a side. 

I learned that there is no federal law where federal law enforcement must identify themselves or give warning prior to action.  I doubt anyone will be charged.  States have laws, but DC isn't a state....yet (that's another topic).

As for your comment, the POTUS does not make laws regarding policing.  No police officer will bypass their command for what a politician says.  Politicians on both sides have been inciting and normalizing violence over the past 9 months.

14 minutes ago, MIM307 said:

You mean like we seen all summer from the Democrats?

136996668_10215189805417810_7567054589478556385_n.jpg

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

You mean like we seen all summer from the Democrats?

136996668_10215189805417810_7567054589478556385_n.jpg

I mean like exactly what you are defending right now.  It's either bad behavior or its not.  Calling it bad behavior only when "your party" is the victim makes you a hypocrite. 

Do support rioters being shot by police or not?  That's the question. Period. 

1 hour ago, Cacao said:

I learned that there is no federal law where federal law enforcement must identify themselves or give warning prior to action.  I doubt anyone will be charged.  States have laws, but DC isn't a state....yet (that's another topic).

As for your comment, the POTUS does not make laws regarding policing.  No police officer will bypass their command for what a politician says.  Politicians on both sides have been inciting and normalizing violence over the past 9 months.

I am well aware the POTUS does not make laws regarding policing.  I am also well aware the POTUS stated that when the looting starts the shooting starts. I saw images of men carrying podiums out of the capital.  That looks like looting to me.  Does it to you?  Police are either justified in using deadly force against rioters and looters or they are not.  End of story. 

22 minutes ago, MIM307 said:

I mean like exactly what you are defending right now.  It's either bad behavior or its not.  Calling it bad behavior only when "your party" is the victim makes you a hypocrite. 

Do support rioters being shot by police or not?  That's the question. Period. 

Please show me where I am defending what happened in D.C... just one post that I did would be great. My point with the pic is that the left has been calling for and condoning violence for quite a while now and never once was the national guard called in even after a group took over few city blocks for a period of time. But yet when it happens close to home the national guard is called in and unarmed people are shot and killed.... and the left condones it... Heaven forbid it would of been a unarmed black woman because D.C would be burning today and they would let them do it.

Rioters should only be shot by police if they are using deadly force towards the officers in question. I do not believe the police should have their hands tied like they have been for the past 8 months or so. If you are stupid enough to come after a officer or any other person for that matter, that person should protect themselves.

Which party has been calling to remove money from Police budgets? Removing the police from having weapons? Then they act surprised when crime rates rise!

53 minutes ago, MIM307 said:

I am well aware the POTUS does not make laws regarding policing.  I am also well aware the POTUS stated that when the looting starts the shooting starts. I saw images of men carrying podiums out of the capital.  That looks like looting to me.  Does it to you?  Police are either justified in using deadly force against rioters and looters or they are not.  End of story. 

I agree.  I was reading your original as the police shooting because of a politicians words.  I was wrong....yes, both should be measured with the same stick. I do feel that you give the violator a chance with a verbal warning to "stop or...".

1 hour ago, Cacao said:

I agree.  I was reading your original as the police shooting because of a politicians words.  I was wrong....yes, both should be measured with the same stick. I do feel that you give the violator a chance with a verbal warning to "stop or...".

I agree warnings should be issued before shooting as well. 

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Please show me where I am defending what happened in D.C... just one post that I did would be great. My point with the pic is that the left has been calling for and condoning violence for quite a while now and never once was the national guard called in even after a group took over few city blocks for a period of time. But yet when it happens close to home the national guard is called in and unarmed people are shot and killed.... and the left condones it... Heaven forbid it would of been a unarmed black woman because D.C would be burning today and they would let them do it.

Rioters should only be shot by police if they are using deadly force towards the officers in question. I do not believe the police should have their hands tied like they have been for the past 8 months or so. If you are stupid enough to come after a officer or any other person for that matter, that person should protect themselves.

Which party has been calling to remove money from Police budgets? Removing the police from having weapons? Then they act surprised when crime rates rise!

Your response to my post was "you mean like seen all summer from the democrats" followed by memes making your point. 

The rest of your post highlights my argument.  But the left said...but the democrats did...but, but, but.  It portrays that your issue is not with the fact that a rioters was shot but rather that a rioter supporting the right was shot. 

My issue is the hypocrisy and blind party support.  It reminds me of when my kids fight. "She hit me first.  He looked at me wrong.  She called me a name."  It's all BS excuses with no solutions to the real problem. 

This is one example that it was all a set-up and WE will be a witness when the BIG BOOM is released.  Cops & politicians will ALL be arrested!