GoDuBois.com
mr.d

Teen Charged In Newborn Daughter's Shooting Death -- WARNING GRAPHIC DETAILS

SPONSOR:  

Wisconsin teen charged in newborn daughter’s shooting death after abandoning her in fallen tree

Teen charged in newborn daughter’s shooting death after abandoning her in fallen tree

By: Kelli Dugan, Cox Media Group National Content Desk
Updated: January 12, 2021 - 9:01 PM

GREEN COUNTY, Wis. — Warning: Due to the violent nature of some of the details disclosed below, reader discretion is advised.

A 16-year-old Wisconsin father is facing a first-degree homicide charge after prosecutors say he placed his newborn daughter inside a fallen tree before shooting her twice in the head.

A criminal complaint filed Tuesday detailed, in Logan Kruckenberg-Anderson’s own words, what the teenager told investigators about his infant daughter’s death.

According to the complaint, Kruckenberg-Anderson told police that he placed the child, who had been named Harper, naked in a snow-filled tree in a wooded area near Albany. He also admitted to investigators that he knew the baby, whom he covered with snow, would likely die of exposure, WMTV reported.

Although Kruckenberg-Anderson told investigators he could still hear the child crying as he left – causing him to lose his footing and drop to his knees crying – a member of the Wisconsin State Crime Laboratories determined after examining the body that the baby was likely alive – or had been recently – when she was placed in the tree, the TV station reported.

When confronted with forensic evidence during a follow-up interview, Kruckenberg-Anderson admitted to having shot the infant twice in the head before walking away, and an autopsy confirmed Harper was alive when she was shot, WMTV reported.

In addition to the homicide charge, Kruckenberg-Anderson is also charged with hiding the corpse of a child, TMJ4 reported.

Kruckenberg-Anderson, who is being charged as an adult, is facing the possibility of a life sentence, the TV station reported.

According to the criminal complaint, authorities were contacted by an Albany resident on Sunday who stated that his daughter had given birth in a bathtub on Jan. 5, but no one had seen the child since Kruckenberg-Anderson took her from the home immediately following the birth, WMTV reported.

Read more here and here.

wow....I mean....wow   RIP Harper may God watch over you now.   The "dad" no more like the sperm donor, should be shot in the head 2x ....you cant fix this.... him, I mean.  16 and this is the value of someones life, let alone 1 you helped create....you dont deserve to live 1 day longer than your baby did......I HATE PEOPLE

To achieve the title of old and wise, you must first be young and dumb :P

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak. :P

2 hours ago, Bon said:

Wisconsin has that law where you can take your baby to a safe place and leave him/her no questions asked. Why didn’t he do that, better then spending the rest of your life in prison.

This young man will never leave prison, and his life will be hell.  If he doesn't spend the time in Solitary Confinement it would be a surprise. I doubt family will even acknowledge him.  His only hope is Execution.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

thats what I said....except they are late, it should have happened already

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak. :P

1 hour ago, WMJ77 said:

thats what I said....except they are late, it should have happened already

He should hope for death. Letting him live in prison would be crueler.  

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

I dont care which is crueler he just needs to go. Harper deserves justice