GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
mr.d

DuBois Man Charged In Sexual Assault Case

DuBois Man Charged in Sexual Assault Case

ADVERTISEMENT

DUBOIS – A DuBois man is facing felony charges for allegedly touching a woman inappropriately while she was asleep.

Harvey Wolverton Sr., 59, was charged by DuBois City police with aggravated indecent assault, a felony and indecent assault, a misdemeanor in connection to an incident on Sept. 9.

According to the affidavit of probable cause, on Oct. 7, the victim contacted police to report the assault. She explained it happened a few weeks prior while she was staying at a friend’s home.

The victim reported that while she was asleep, Wolverton began to rub her private area and inserted his finger inside her.

She also stated that Wolverton had actually confessed to her friend what he had done and told her he was afraid he was going to jail.

When the friend was questioned, she confirmed this story.

In an interview with police, Wolverton admitted to the act.

Wolverton waived his right to a preliminary hearing on Friday during centralized court, sending the case on to the court of common pleas. He is free on $50,000, unsecured bail.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        https://gantdaily.com/2021/01/18/dubois-man-charged-in-sexual-assault-case/

the "friend" could have been a real friend and went to the cops first...:nono:

To achieve the title of old and wise, you must first be young and dumb :P

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak. :P

14 minutes ago, WMJ77 said:

the "friend" could have been a real friend and went to the cops first...:nono:

I assume that Harvey is related to the friend.  I can't judge her because I would imagine her being greatly torn over what to do.  Glad she told the truth when asked by police.  

since he told her what he did, wouldnt that make her an accessory after the fact, since she didnt go to the cops.....and sorry but if a relative of mine just told me he sexually assaulted a friend of mine while at my/in my house.....calling the cops would be the easy thing to do, stopping me from beating him would be a little harder

To achieve the title of old and wise, you must first be young and dumb :P

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak. :P