GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
jaman

Retire to the Holiday Inn

While reading today, With Retirement Homes averaging $188.50  a night , if you are still independent you can retire to the Holiday Inn. With a long term discount AND Senior discount  you can stay for around $60 per night. With FREE breakfast.  Weekend Happy Hours. Swimming pool. And Concierge service. At night visit with interesting people at the Lobby or Lounge .  If you want to go someplace else for a while, just reserve another Holiday Inn.  And with that extra $120 to spend you can eat well and personal expenditures per day. They will even arrange transportation if you need it.  need the airport. No problem. Need to go shopping locally. No Problem. Want to go to church, call the church for a ride.  Make sure you tip  the staff when you need them and they  will take care of you. That's $5 to $7 a day. 

Now that's a lifetime option if you can do it. And just think, NO  TAXES.;):D:D:yahoo:

3 minutes ago, momtothree said:

I have read about this and find it interesting.   There are also people that do this with cruises for retirement.  I guess being frequent cruisers gets them discounts. 

Yes. And I forgot the fitness room and at  vacation resorts a Spa where you can get pampered. I prefer being on land.

After traveling around the USA to work 30+ years living in motels, hotels, and apartments the last thing I want is to do is spend my retirement in any of the above.

I'm selling everything and buying  Class A motorhome and tow a car behind it and call home where ever we stop.

10 hours ago, NikonSniper said:

After traveling around the USA to work 30+ years living in motels, hotels, and apartments the last thing I want is to do is spend my retirement in any of the above.

I'm selling everything and buying  Class A motorhome and tow a car behind it and call home where ever we stop.

That would be my first choice.  A  full tricked out  small  nice  personal motorhome. There's just me.  You have to maintain a personal touch.