GoDuBois.com

What Is This Called?

old3dogg

maybe it does at night????....some do, but I really have no clue, just wanted to bump it up

It bloomed once toward the end of June. It also bloomed during the day. Bright yellow flowers.

I was going to get rid of it but it does cover a lot of ugly.

Mine are done blooming too. The past few years they bloomed all year. This year they all bloomed at once and are done. I thought maybe they need separated this fall because they are getting big.

I vote for a daylily that has gone to seed. You should take the seed pods off. If you have seed pods it has bloomed. Most daylilies only bloom once although some of he newer ones will bloom again but with fewer flowers. Wouldn't hurt to divide it. You would probably get more flowers.

Different kinds of daylilies will bloom at different times. There are early bloomers, mid-season bloomers and late bloomers. You can have them blooming, if not all season, for at least several months. I have some that are done and some that are still in bud. 

I vote for a daylily that has gone to seed. You should take the seed pods off. If you have seed pods it has bloomed. Most daylilies only bloom once although some of he newer ones will bloom again but with fewer flowers. Wouldn't hurt to divide it. You would probably get more flowers.

Different kinds of daylilies will bloom at different times. There are early bloomers, mid-season bloomers and late bloomers. You can have them blooming, if not all season, for at least several months. I have some that are done and some that are still in bud. 

So what I thought were buds ready to bloom are seed pods?

So what I thought were buds ready to bloom are seed pods?

It would probably have bloomed in the last month.  What you are seeing now is the result of flowers having already been there.  They usually only bloom for a couple of weeks.

Definitely daylillies, I have quite a few all around my yard.  Other years mine have bloomed in July & August.  This year they are all about done, don't know why...guess the weather.  I have different colors, some people don't like them but I do, just wish they lasted longer.  In the fall I will cut them down  for the winter.