GoDuBois.com

History of Sabula

block

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tompepper

according to Charlie Moore it was settled by the Bundys and the Duttrys and they are allways feudin'. So keep yer head down.:wflag::wflag:

I miss the old days of listening to Charlie Moore going on about the Bundys and the Duttrys, haven't thought about that in years. Jennie Dixon is the author. I was getting her confused with Aunt Katie Shaffer from out by the lily pond at morningside cemetary.Jan Nichols books at the library explain a lot . I own both volumes.

http://www.pagenweb.org/~elk/bishcemetery.htm

Heres some history on the cemetery.

The woman that wrote this piece sent me an email telling me to inform people that the Bish Cemetery is not an Indian burial ground, nor are there any indians buried in that cemetary. She doesn't understand why everyone gets the idea that whites and indians lived side by side in the area. She said they didn't.

• 2 months later...

Hubby and most of his family are from Sabula.  I even got married in Sabula :)  My MIL, one of the most amazing women I never had the honor to meet rests in peace in Sabula.

To the OP, my husband is pretty familiar with the area and may be able to tell you something about your place. PM me if you want :)

• 1 year later...