GoDuBois.com

photo of '72 DuBois Flood

Pompeii

Guest snellma

I remember it well.  I also remember seeing row boats on the boulevard and down by Riverside.

My parents got married when that happened in Conneaut Lake.  My dad and his brother (Best Man) were firemen in DuBois and had to get up there right before the rehearsal because they were there helping.  I think my grandpa was fire chief then (or assistant) and was also stuck there!!!

Wow!!!! I was almost 8 when that flood happened. i remember the sulfer creek flooding and roads being closed.

me 2 !!!!!!!!

And born unto the world was the foreboding sign of the times of end. Born unto the world was its own undoing; its own bringer of fate; the consort of the darkness, the guide to eternal nothingness. Born unto the world was the child of the finite... and the skies wept.

• 3 weeks later...

I was not born yet, not even close..

However, I do remember my Mother telling me the stories of how my Dad rowed in a row boat to work (at Riverside) ...

I am sure that was some sight to see!

• 3 weeks later...
Perhaps others might have pictures of the '72 flood that they'd like to post. I was about 8 when this happened, also. I remember seeing in the paper a couple pictures of the carnival (that used to be held behind the bus station, now Martins) flooded out, and the kiddie cars up to their fenders in water.

• 2 months later...

Remember it well...Agnes came up over PA and stalled out...and it rained, and rained, and rained for days!

I was 16 and had a paper route...I'm sure I saved a paper but have no idea where it is now. My brother worked at PT...I started there 2 years later...and I remember the City Police going into the store in rowboats to get all the guns out of Sporting Goods. While they were in there, they shot several rats floating around on debris, some as big as cats I've been told! The water was about 3 feet deep inside the store.

I remember the Army Reserve, which I think was stationed in DuBois at the time, driving duce and half trucks across the boulevard and a front end loader carrying stuff in the bucket, sometimes people.