GoDuBois.com

lhasa apso- poodle?

Dodgeman

We have a Lhasa Apso.  He is very calm but does get playful about once a day for 20 minutes or so.  He likes to be with people and sit on the foot rest of the recliners.  One downfall with him is he always has ear infections.  It's to the point we bought ear drops for him and use them about 2 times a week.  This has greatly reduced the number of infections he gets.  He is not a fan of small children not aggressive with them just hides from them.  Seems to be a very smart breed, say treat, ride, bed he knows them all.

We had Lhasa Apsos for years. First a female, then after her time passed, two sibling males. Very smart and loving, all of them. One of the brothers had a special game with the mailman. Scruffy knew about what time Dave would come with the mail, and just had to get to the back porch in time. So Dave would "hand" the mail over the back gate to Scruffy. When Dave got transferred, Scruff still wanted to go and meet him, we'd have to take him to the porch and say "No Dave today." Scruff would lower his head and turn for the door to come back in, he actually missed seeing his buddy the mailman. All of these Lhasas had very special traits of their own, and they got along very well with cats in the household. With such fast-growing long hair, they needed frequent grooming, but it was worth it because they were just beautiful dogs. Best of luck!

life is not fair - What kind of ear drops do you use?  We had a Lhasa Apsos that had constant ear infections.  We now have a Shih-Tzu-Bichon Frise that has the same problem.  Drives her nuts and us as well.  We can't find anything that will clear it up.  She's a good dog, gets along well with anyone, spoiled rotten and well loved.  It's funny she looks almost like our Lhasa, same colors, same markings, just the longer Bichon nose.

life is not fair - What kind of ear drops do you use?  We had a Lhasa Apsos that had constant ear infections.  We now have a Shih-Tzu-Bichon Frise that has the same problem.  Drives her nuts and us as well.  We can't find anything that will clear it up.  She's a good dog, gets along well with anyone, spoiled rotten and well loved.  It's funny she looks almost like our Lhasa, same colors, same markings, just the longer Bichon nose.

I have a shih tzu that got ear infections, my vet gave him a cream to put in his ears and it cleared up in a day.  He suggests to keep his ears cleaned out so he goes the groomer about every 8 weeks and she pulls the fur out of his ears. "Knock on wood" he hasn't had any trouble for over a year.

I have a shih tzu that got ear infections, my vet gave him a cream to put in his ears and it cleared up in a day.  He suggests to keep his ears cleaned out so he goes the groomer about every 8 weeks and she pulls the fur out of his ears. "Knock on wood" he hasn't had any trouble for over a year.

We get ours from 1-800 Pet Meds. It is called Zymox Otic HC 1.0%.  It is so nice not to have him digging at his ears all the time.

Well he needed to run a lot and we didn't have the time to take him, so we found a great family with kids and now he runs all day with the kids.. These new pups can just play in the house to fill their exercise needs this winter.. ;)

They can chase the cat for exercise!!! Make sure you tie your tree down ..lol!!!!

Our guy gets cold outside also.  The wife got him a coat and boats.  It's like bundling a baby to take him out.  Don't tell her but when she's not home I just take him out without them and wrap him in a blanket when we come back in.  And you are right it has gotten out of hand....he has more clothing than I do!