ALL MEMBERS OF THE OLD CLASSIFIEDS WILL HAVE TO RE-REGISTER TO POST ADS HERE  >> REGISTER HERE

GoDuBois.com
Bon

Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper?

Well still in Levittown so I had a 24 oz Delmonico and a loaded baked potato at Texas Roadhouse. Yummy!!!!!!!!!!

Sgt. William Valentin Fernandez was killed Sept. 19, 2005, by a roadside bomb in Iraq.
In a letter to his wife, he wrote: "I knew the dangers of my chosen profession. I went to protect you and all Americans who cherish freedom. They sleep peacefully at night because brave men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. Don't ever let any anyone degrade you or our decision to let me come here

I love Cider but the three gallons I've invested in this fall all went down the drain.  I'm tired of buying and having to pitch it because it's flat, or bitter, or just plain tasteless.  If I had the time and money I'd go to Dawson's Orchards and stock up a truck full to bring back.  Then I'd have cider for the winter.

I found a passable Cider at Peace's Orchards near York Springs but it's rare to find an exceptional cider.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them without doing anything"

Albert Einstein

Tonight we had meatloaf made from elk/bacon burger with fries and gravy.  You can make the bacon/burger by mixing 5 lb. of venison, elk (whatever) with 1 lb. of preferred bacon. (Ours is hickory smoked.)   It is soooooo good!   The butcher shop in Colorado made ours, I wish he would have had more made.  

Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.  Amen. 

We decided to have summer food, bah humbug to this weather! Grilled chicken, pasta salad and baked beans.

I have a slow cooker of venison chili cooking for the hunter's lunch tomorrow.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --

Tonight we had meatloaf made from elk/bacon burger with fries and gravy.  You can make the bacon/burger by mixing 5 lb. of venison, elk (whatever) with 1 lb. of preferred bacon. (Ours is hickory smoked.)   It is soooooo good!   The butcher shop in Colorado made ours, I wish he would have had more made.

Ever try the elk meat at the elk farm in Portland mills? I've eaten the jerky..pretty darn good!!

Ever try the elk meat at the elk farm in Portland mills? I've eaten the jerky..pretty darn good!!

No, I heard there is an elk farm up there.  Hubby got both a bull and cow elk in Colorado this year.  Freezer is full.  They also make the burger into an 'Italian sausage' which I use most often when making spaghetti.  Oh, it is so good!  

Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.  Amen. 

I love apple cider. Carmel apple cider sounds amazing! Where do you get it?

I love apple cider too...either Red's, Angry Orchard, or my favorite Amber Woodchuck...MMMMM!!! :D

All things in life are temporary. If going well enjoy it, they will not last forever.

I made some spaghetti today since my wife and son and a few other relatives went to Pittsburgh to see TSO. I forgot to put in my mushrooms and garlic but I did add lots of green peppers, onions, thyme, italian seasonings, diced tomatoes with Chipotle chile and homemade spaghetti sauce, hamburger, sliced up and cooked large sweet sausage and also added homemade meatballs  and a variety of grated cheeses colby and monterey jack, romano, parmesan, (mmm mmm)

Every time the Government IMPOSES new Regulations to Protect Us, we LOSE a Little MORE of our FREEDOMS....

MORE Government = LESS Freedom