MY LOCAL MENUS COMING ON TUESDAY AUGUST 22ND!

GoDuBois.com
Bon

Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper?

On 8/8/2017 at 9:01 PM, steelnut said:

We planted a lot in the raised beds this year and it's been the best year ever for our peppers. I always stuff hot bananas with sausage. That's what I did all afternoon. The worst part is cleaning them, I have to wear latex gloves and a  dust mask, lol! So anyway, I cooked a few w/sauce. Added mozzarella when done and cooked some linguine to go with. Added a cuke and onion salad. I froze a lot of the stuffed peppers for future use.

Hey I found an easy way years ago to clean them. We usually freeze about ten dozen stuffed hot Hungarian's every year.

I have a Rada tomato slicing knife that fits nicely inside the pepper that cuts the seed core out. After you pull it out put the knife back in and spin it around the pepper a few times and it takes most of the ribs out.

31FSBqWhREL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

2 hours ago, NikonSniper said:

Don't know what the boss lady is having tonight but me and the crew will be indulging is some great five star race track cuisine at Port Royal Speedway tonight! 

We had hoped to go to Port Royal tonight also.  Unfortunately my traveling buddy has a conflict today and we decided we would go to Eriez tomorrow night.  Neither of us has ever been there so we don't really know what to expect.  We still hope to get a Port Royal trip in this season, time will tell. The season is getting short.

40 minutes ago, hipower said:

We had hoped to go to Port Royal tonight also.  Unfortunately my traveling buddy has a conflict today and we decided we would go to Eriez tomorrow night.  Neither of us has ever been there so we don't really know what to expect.  We still hope to get a Port Royal trip in this season, time will tell. The season is getting short.

We're going for the WoO Late Models but I did see Tony Stewart was at Williams Grove last night with his 410 sprint so maybe he'll drop by and run his 410 at Port tonight. I do know he's in pretty good with a few of the WoO Late guys and Mark Richards from Rocket so maybe he could pull double duty.

1 minute ago, NikonSniper said:

We're going for the WoO Late Models but I did see Tony Stewart was at Williams Grove last night with his 410 sprint so maybe he'll drop by and run his 410 at Port tonight. I do know he's in pretty good with a few of the WoO Late guys and Mark Richards from Rocket so maybe he could pull double duty.

The WoO show was why we wanted to go tonight, but they are at Eriez tomorrow night too, so we adjusted.  We always enjoy the Central PA sprint car racing at Port Royal as well as all of the others in our little state.  Nearly any weekly show in PA is as good as most WoO specials.  Just don't have all the big names there,

11 hours ago, NikonSniper said:

Hey I found an easy way years ago to clean them. We usually freeze about ten dozen stuffed hot Hungarian's every year.

I have a Rada tomato slicing knife that fits nicely inside the pepper that cuts the seed core out. After you pull it out put the knife back in and spin it around the pepper a few times and it takes most of the ribs out.

31FSBqWhREL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

I have that knife too and use it for lots of things besides slicing tomatoes. I love all Rada products. I actually have an old paring knife that my Dad gave me in the late 70's that's just as good today as it was back then. We also stuff and freeze a lot on Hungarian hots every year. Hubby made me two tools. One larger and one smaller. They work great for coring and seeding the peppers. My only problem is inhaling the capsaicin vapor of the peppers, just chokes me up! So I wear a good carpenter dust mask and use latex gloves too.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --

I did a dry rub on a rack of ribs last night and let it sit in the fridge all night. Hubby grilled them in the rain today. I also made a yummy red wine vinegar, evoo, caper and other veggie potato salad and also cole slaw.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --

On 8/19/2017 at 10:26 AM, Bon said:

haven't had one in 2 years!!

On 8/19/2017 at 10:26 AM, Bon said:

haven't had one in 2 years!!

Then, you're due for one! 

The garden is driving me crazy, but I do love it! It just leaves little time to cook much. I had some fresh mozzarella, so with the garden tomatoes and garden basil, I made a caprese salad along with Caliari's bread.

Lol, I must have hit quote twice! Night all, have a great week!

-- Jack Lambert --