GoDuBois.com
Bon

Hey Grandpa, What's For Supper?

13 hours ago, sapphire said:

Finally tried zoodles (:thanks:steelnut!). Asian zoodles with mushrooms, baby carrots and teeny, tiny ears of corn and air fried beef & broccoli. :good:

I'm 1/2 Italian and missing pasta had me ready to chew my arm off :) But, I have to say that I love zoodles, the secret is to not overcook them, el dente, just like pasta is the way to go. Hubby is doing so great on this lower carb diet. Of course men lose like 3 to 1 what women lose, wth is up with that anyway?!?  :)  :) :) 

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --

On 5/6/2019 at 9:04 PM, steelnut said:

I'm 1/2 Italian and missing pasta had me ready to chew my arm off :) But, I have to say that I love zoodles, the secret is to not overcook them, el dente, just like pasta is the way to go. Hubby is doing so great on this lower carb diet. Of course men lose like 3 to 1 what women lose, wth is up with that anyway?!?  :)  :) :) 

I sauteed the zoodles for just a couple minutes, basically just to heat them and take some of the moisture out of them. They worked great with Asian fare. I  had more zucchini than I planned on and made veggie zoodles Alfredo the next night.  It was very good too. 😋

SW turkey burgers w/pepper jack cheese along with SW oven turnip fries on the side.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --

On 5/11/2019 at 7:59 AM, hipower said:

Chicken, bacon, ranch salad @ Firehouse Pizza.  Very good, and very large serving.  Sadly I can't recall our server's name, and she was outstanding.  She came with a good background though, since she was originally from Scattertown and knows Bon and her Hubby.  :yahoo:

Chrissy Rio?

14 hours ago, Bon said:

Chrissy Rio?

First name seems right, but I can't say that the last one works.  Maybe maiden vs married?  You know I'm old and this was almost a week ago, right?  I have a hard time remembering what day of the week it is anymore, but maybe that's because I rarely need to know.

Baby pics are very nice by the way. :luv:

We went to Shaffer's greenhouse today and stopped at Bob's Subs in Brookville (1st time for us). Two thumbs up, delicious!

-- Jack Lambert --

went to the DuB diner last night, today for brunch its veggie fried rice with baby corn, broc, shrooms, gr pep, cabbage, carrots, water chnuts, bamboo shoots......with shrimp on the side (yuck)

To achieve the title of old and wise, you must first be young and dumb :P

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak. :P