GoDuBois.com

Plants that Keep Ticks Away

wonderer

This is a little of the info from the BUDS program on Lymes Disease which was presented by a forester who has dealt with Lymes Disease many times.  He probably had the best, most complete information I've ever read or heard.

Sawyer Insect Repellent for clothing

Permethrin for clothing

Repel - Lemon Eucalyptus Insect repellent for skin.

DEET is worthless against ticks.

The only thing that will reliably kill ticks on clothing worn outdoors is a hot dryer.  

All shrubbery around gardens or children's play areas should be removed because ticks hate sunlight and dry air.  Keep the grass mowed in recreation areas.  If you're going into tick territory then treat your skin and clothing, and shower immediately on returning home.  Toss clothes into the dryer first so you don't spread them through the washer onto other clothing.

He had a ton of great information.

how much do u need to plant ? strips 6 by 2-5 feet?  hole way round house?

I'd say a lot and then they would probably only stay away from the area in which they are planted. I have lavender, sage and 5 or 6 different kinds of mint and the animals still come in bearing ticks. They bite me and they die. I think I work better than any of the above.

This is a little of the info from the BUDS program on Lymes Disease which was presented by a forester who has dealt with Lymes Disease many times.  He probably had the best, most complete information I've ever read or heard.

Sawyer Insect Repellent for clothing

Permethrin for clothing

Repel - Lemon Eucalyptus Insect repellent for skin.

DEET is worthless against ticks.

The only thing that will reliably kill ticks on clothing worn outdoors is a hot dryer.  

All shrubbery around gardens or children's play areas should be removed because ticks hate sunlight and dry air.  Keep the grass mowed in recreation areas.  If you're going into tick territory then treat your skin and clothing, and shower immediately on returning home.  Toss clothes into the dryer first so you don't spread them through the washer onto other clothing.

He had a ton of great information.

went to 4 stores looking for Repel&Permethrin for clothing where to look?

Guest autunmsmom

We ordered it online - Dick's sporting goods or check amazon for a list of stores that carry it.