GoDuBois.com

Hoya flowers

dyna99

My hoya is blooming........and this is the 2nd time this year!! And there is actually a 3rd blossom right behind it....and a 4th coming on above it!!! I have had this hoya for many, many years and it has only bloomed 2 other times........this is great!!!  ;)

hoya_flower_7901.jpg

Does it smell good?  I have an old variegated one that blooms several times a year but there is no fragrance.  Enjoy but don't cut off the stubby end where the flower bloomed.  It will bloom at that same spot again.

dyna how to you start one of these plants from a cutting? and would you like to share some?

of course i'll share with ya silly..........lol

I have one started on my front porch.....part of it is dying, but i'm trying to revive whats left! I'm not good at remembering to water my house plants....leave that to your cousin!! lol

Does it smell good?  I have an old variegated one that blooms several times a year but there is no fragrance.  Enjoy but don't cut off the stubby end where the flower bloomed.  It will bloom at that same spot again.

After the blooms turn whiter, they smell really really good! wish there was more then 1 bloom at a time...could fragrance my house with the smell!!  ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest snellma

Mine blooms a couple times a year.  I just love it.  It took forever to bloom though.  I think it had to get root bound before it bloomed.  It is in a smaller pot and is growing like crazy.  I feel like I need to re-pot it but don't want to take the chance.  I just keep winding the vines up and around and leave it alone.

Mine blooms a couple times a year.  I just love it.  It took forever to bloom though.  I think it had to get root bound before it bloomed.  It is in a smaller pot and is growing like crazy.  I feel like I need to re-pot it but don't want to take the chance.  I just keep winding the vines up and around and leave it alone.

We hadn't had any flowers for many years.........then I heard it had to be root bound and we had just transplanted it, so it took quite a while before it bloomed again........probably 4 yrs., and now I found 3 more flowers ready to bloom and had 3 bloom already!!! The flowers look like wax flowers, but when mine get white, right before they die, they smell soooooooo good.....

I do the same snellma.....I just keep wrapping the vine around it. I'll take a picture of my whole plant, if I can stand back far enough to see it!!!  ;)