GoDuBois.com

Hens and chicks ( plant)

I never saw them bloom before. Mine are huge. I've tried them before and they didn't make it, but my hairdresser gave me a start and they are doing great, really big, but not growing up like that. I'm getting lots of chicks too!

pretty sure I read that when they start growing up and get a flower on it, they die. It's the end of their life cycle. But you have all the chicks from the hen, so your plant will keep growing ... except from the one growing up. Make sence?

pretty sure I read that when they start growing up and get a flower on it, they die. It's the end of their life cycle. But you have all the chicks from the hen, so your plant will keep growing ... except from the one growing up. Make sence?

Yes, that is exactly what happens. I suspect all of the rain has made them bloom.

I used to have some,  had them planted next to the house. Our rain gutter seam came apart and all the water would come right on down to where the hens and chicks were. They were wet all the time, so they rotted. Never did buy them again. I do look at them at Lowes, but have been doing real good on not buying plants the last two years.

Mine did that once before..I was told it's called a rooster.

Bon..I have some you can have if we can meet up sometime.  PM me if you are interested..but I'll be away from the computor for a few days, starting tomorrow late morning..so don't think I'm ignoring you if I don't get back to you right away.  They are in a pot ready to go, and I'll save them for you.

Guest Tracy96

Wow...thanks for posting the blooming pics.  I've never seen them bloom before either.  My MIL used to have them and they spread everywhere so she got rid of all of them.  I bet she didn't know they could bloom either.

Mine did that once before..I was told it's called a rooster.

Bon..I have some you can have if we can meet up sometime.  PM me if you are interested..but I'll be away from the computor for a few days, starting tomorrow late morning..so don't think I'm ignoring you if I don't get back to you right away.  They are in a pot ready to go, and I'll save them for you.

Thanks!!! But I will have to pass. All my flower beds are now a rock garden!!!!