GoDuBois.com

Killing a Morning Glory?

old3dogg

Guest panurse

I have sprayed this thing with tons of weed killer. I've pulled it out of various places and even burned parts of it.

It wont die!

Help.

Hey..you might have to dig it up to get rid of it. If you dig it up, I will come get it. Wouldnt mind having it to climb up my trellis's

Dogg, what you have isn't a garden morning glory; it is called bindweed. You must get every last piece of the root out to get rid of it. The roots break into pieces when you plow or dig and each piece makes a new plant. It is a real pain to get rid of.

Round-up will kill it but you have to be persistent. Anything you use must be done several times. If you keep burning it off or cutting it you will eventually kill it but remember if pieces of root break off you are going to have a new plant to deal with. If you can tarp the area the roots will eventually die especially if you use a dark tarp and the soil heats up.  

Dogg, what you have isn't a garden morning glory; it is called bindweed. You must get every last piece of the root out to get rid of it. The roots break into pieces when you plow or dig and each piece makes a new plant. It is a real pain to get rid of.

Round-up will kill it but you have to be persistent. Anything you use must be done several times. If you keep burning it off or cutting it you will eventually kill it but remember if pieces of root break off you are going to have a new plant to deal with. If you can tarp the area the roots will eventually die especially if you use a dark tarp and the soil heats up.  

Thank you. Looks like I will be on a murder spree all summer. ;D

They are so pretty -  I just planted one  - hope mine takes off like yours.

They are cool if you can control them. Mine use to hang on my outside lamp. It looked good. Now it hangs all over everything and kills the other flowers.

I have sprayed this thing with tons of weed killer. I've pulled it out of various places and even burned parts of it.

It wont die!

Help.

Thought you were enjoying a well-deserved vacation!  

Leave the poor flowers alone, LOL   time to get back on your porch swing and pour yourself a cold one.  

If she did......I hope for your sake old3dogg that she didn't kill it, but they do have lil' blue pills that can help ya if she did ;)

Ya know, I don't think I have ever posted on the "Gardening and Nature" Forum before . . . and I think maybe I never will again . . . :shok::duh:

Ya know, I don't think I have ever posted on the "Gardening and Nature" Forum before . . . and I think maybe I never will again . . . :shok::duh:

Thanks for being cool enough to take a joke.

Back from town with 2 gallons of weed killer. Off on a killing spree! :)