GoDuBois.com

Black-Eyed Susans

Oh my gosh, that's the one that I've been trying to thing of, thanks Bon!

I'm gonna get me some of those, just beautiful!

Question, are they perennial, a friend told me that they're annuals.

they reseed themselves, read that they ae a bi-annial. i'm sure I wil find some hubbby didn't cut down ... lol.

• 8 months later...

Dig them up and shove them in now. You can't kill a black-eyed Susan. You want to come dig you can have some of mine. If I dig they go to the garden club for the plant sale and you pay about $3.00 per pot.

I bet I bought some of yours this year at the sale a few weeks back.  I got two pots, and they are doing wonderful where I stuck them.  

(I know, this is an old post, but it's  a slow night here and I'm reading old stuff!)

I bet I bought some of yours this year at the sale a few weeks back.  I got two pots, and they are doing wonderful where I stuck them.  

(I know, this is an old post, but it's  a slow night here and I'm reading old stuff!)

We ran out of them. People love them. The only problem is that they get too rambunctious and take over the world. I've got another batch that has to be thinned shortly. Soon as they bloom.

Did you get some of the Stella d'oros? There were so many that they were selling them off for $1 a pot. Do to a miscommunication they ended up selling the named daylilies for a $1 a pot also but at least we didn't have to bring them home. More where they came from.

I'm resting from a long day of the Cook Forest Herb Festival and a visit to every greenhouse and nursery between here and there. Got a new shrub that I've never seen around here, Carolina allspice. Hope it survives our winter.

Stella D'oros...nooooooo!  How did iI miss those??  (esp for $1??)  there is a camp by ours that has them, and I keep eyeing them up waiting for them to need thinned!!  (and I'll be there with shovel in hand!  lol)

I put my (your)  Susans in a place they are free to take over!  

I actually started an herb garden this year.  I put in oregano (that came from my dad's patch) the choc. mint, cat nip, basil and cilantro,  They are all "contained" (yeah right..we all know how THAT works!!) and any that grow out of their designated spots will just be pulled out in the spring.

We ran out of them. People love them. The only problem is that they get too rambunctious and take over the world. I've got another batch that has to be thinned shortly. Soon as they bloom.

Did you get some of the Stella d'oros? There were so many that they were selling them off for $1 a pot. Do to a miscommunication they ended up selling the named daylilies for a $1 a pot also but at least we didn't have to bring them home. More where they came from.

I'm resting from a long day of the Cook Forest Herb Festival and a visit to every greenhouse and nursery between here and there. Got a new shrub that I've never seen around here, Carolina allspice. Hope it survives our winter.

Darn, I knew that I should have stopped. $3.00 a pot is too much for me, I will pay $1.00 per pot anytime. I get mine from another lady @ 1.00 per pot and usually end up buying around 40 plants. She sells off her divisions so that she can afford to buy the more expensive daylilies. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that the plants aren't worth $3.00 a piece. I am just saying that I won't pay that much. I actually love going to Lowes and finding perennials that are done blooming for $.50 or $1.00.  I also do alittle bit of trading online but only for large trades.

Guest snellma

Anybody have any black-eyed susans they want to get rid of that I could pick up when I am home over the 4th of July?

(You can't kill a black-eyed Susan)

Ya wanna bet???? I have planted from seed and plant for years and have never had any come up . My thumb is so black it needs to be amputated lol

do you have them planted in a really wet area? They might be rotting over the winter.

(You can't kill a black-eyed Susan)

Ya wanna bet???? I have planted from seed and plant for years and have never had any come up . My thumb is so black it needs to be amputated lol

I can't imagine why you would bother with seed when the things are trying to take over the world. Bring your shovel and you can dig what you want. Ditto chocolate mint. There is some orange mint in my herb garden that is also going crazy. I killed off most of the banana mint last year but I see it is coming back.

I did plant one black-eyed Susan in a special place last year. I can't remember why. Looks awfully small. Maybe it is a mini that won't go crazy.

Anybody have any black-eyed susans they want to get rid of that I could pick up when I am home over the 4th of July?

Meet me on the embankment across from Harley- Davidson. Bring a shovel. I've been trying to con somebody into thinning those out. :woo:

I can't imagine why you would bother with seed when the things are trying to take over the world. Bring your shovel and you can dig what you want.Ditto chocolate mint. There is some orange mint in my herb garden that is also going crazy. I killed off most of the banana mint last year but I see it is coming back.

I did plant one black-eyed Susan in a special place last year. I can't remember why. Looks awfully small. Maybe it is a mini that won't go crazy.

Do you sell any of the pots of mint? I would love to have all 3 of the ones that you named. I could even trade ya for a few things out of my garden. Maybe some daylilies?

I saw themost incredible herb garden today at a geocache in Bedfore County...along Rt 30, right where it crossed under I-70/76 and where Rt 30 intersected with Rt 31.  It was at an Inn, but I forget the name.  Wow...even my husbnad ws impressed and said he might have to make meone like that!  (you cold walk through it, small paths, neat stonework, cute fencing..etc)

Do you sell any of the pots of mint? I would love to have all 3 of the ones that you named. I could even trade ya for a few things out of my garden. Maybe some daylilies?

Come and get them! The garden club sells them but they are mine until I dig them up and donate them. I went through the mint patch with weed killer but there should be some left. PM me when you are available and I'll send you directions. There is always room for one more daylily. I just found the red Stella d'oro. It's called 'Ruby Stella'.

Guest snellma

Meet me on the embankment across from Harley- Davidson. Bring a shovel. I've been trying to con somebody into thinning those out. :woo:

I would be more than happy to.  What about some time on Thursday, July 1st?  We get in on the 30th.

Guest snellma

Fine. I'll put it on my calendar but remind me. I'll pm you my phone number.

Great.  I'll try to remember to call you before we get there.  We have no phone service at Parker Dam.  Do you text?