GoDuBois.com

Garden Pics etc.

Pappy

Holly got hit hard this year but I have yet to see one that was completely dead. They are just brown and ugly. A lot of shrubs that are hardy to -20 F were either killed off to the ground or turned brown if they were evergreen. I'm still mourning the loss of almost every rose bush in the yard. The only two that survived were Queen Elizabeth and 2 old bush roses. We've not expecting any roses on the embankment this year as all 7 Knock-outs had to be pruned to the ground. We lost 5 rose bushes on the old Pershing parking lot and the ones that survived had to be pruned way back. Don't know what is going to happen there but I suspect that it is going to be a summer with few roses. We finally found the flaw in Knock-out roses. 

Does anyone know what the purple and white flowers are that bloom along the highway--they seem to be some kind of wildflower since I see them mostly along rural roads---would like to have some for in a rock garden.

rhurbarb

DSCN4968.jpg

whatcha gonna do with all dat rhubarb? I lost my big plants when hubby built my son a sand box years ago, tried to move it and it didn't take. 2 yrs ago tried again, BUT Ben kept digging it up and bringing it to me like "look Mom I found that thing you buried. I'm such a good boy, aren't I?" that same spring when I planted the garden and he was around, he would un-plant everything! boy did he love the snap peas that finally grew and hung over the fence around the garden, we actually had a "deal" that he would only take the ones hanging on the inside and the rest were mine but he would bark and carry on if I didn't share with him! anyway, whatcha doing with all dat rhubarb? lol