GoDuBois.com

Blue Heron

Bon

Is that the same bird as the (best guess:heron) I see on the  Dubois walkway every day?

Well, it's not on the walkway, it's in the water.

yes ... there are blue herons all over PA. I know people who have ponds hate them, but I love them!! We named them Herman .. lol!!!

How do you post a pic in a thread that's already started? I figured it out when I posted the zoo pix, but that was starting a new thread & the "insert file" button was available. It's not here now! (tried copy & paste, paste is not an option).

Thanks! :)

So, anyway, I took these at Lake Wilhelm a few weeks ago. Once he saw me taking pix, he posed for me!

blue heron.jpg

blue heron1.jpg

It's just a Canon PowerShot SX260HS with image stabilizer. I really needed that image stabilizer! It's a very good camera for being a not very expensive one. This is a picture I took of the lion at the Pittsburg Zoo last year. Anyone that's been there knows how far away that lion is!

lion.jpg

I came within less than two feet of nailing a young eagle coming back up from Punxsy the other day.  It was over a hill and on the berm eating a road kill, then right when I got to it flew right across the hood of my car.  No picture, wet pants! :-)