GoDuBois.com

Skunks

DrSeussie

Guest snellma

It was just posted on the main message board not too long ago.   If you look back maybe on the 2nd page you should find it.

Guest snellma

I would do it if I was closer.  We had a major skunk problem when we lived in Va.  Trapped 13 one summer.  Very scary at first but then it got to be old hat.  Our trap was small enough they couldn't get their tail up.  We just walked over, picked it up, put it in the back of our truck, took it to the woods, and released them.

I would do it if I was closer.  We had a major skunk problem when we lived in Va.  Trapped 13 one summer.  Very scary at first but then it got to be old hat.  Our trap was small enough they couldn't get their tail up.  We just walked over, picked it up, put it in the back of our truck, took it to the woods, and released them.

I just want to know how you didn't get sprayed when you released them??? I actually had a dream about it last night (a nightmare is a better description!).....in my dream it didn't work out too well for me!! We have skunks digging up our yard like crazy. :-/

Guest snellma

As long as the trap is not tall enough for them to get their tail up they cannot spray.  Once we got to the woods we just opened the door and out they ran.  They just wanted to get away from us.

When we first started we threw a sheet over the trap and we picked it up with the handle of the broom to put it in the truck.  Then we got brave and just used the sheet.  Then we took the sheet off and used the handle of the broom.  Then we just started picking it up with nothing.  The trap we used was only about 6-7 in. tall.

As it turned out, we didn't have to trap it. It died under my back porch. Luckily, it was only there 1 day before we discovered it. I can't understand why the smell isn't unbearable. I only smell skunk once in awhile when the wind kicks up.

• 2 months later...

Gee, all these skunks. I want one for a pet. Descented and declawed, of course!!! But it's illeagal in Pennsylvania.   :(

my dad said when he was a kid (he's in his 70's now) that he used to have one as a pet and it wasn't descented either...he says it was one of the best pets he could have ever had.