GoDuBois.com

10 Year Old Raises Thousands for Humane Society (Gracie Preston)

Bon

Guest JenMc32

Yaaay!  Great job Gracie!

I think he had his figures a little off... she's on track to hit $2k this summer!  Had nearly that much last year too! ;)

Yaaay!  Great job Gracie!

I think he had his figures a little off... she's on track to hit $2k this summer!  Had nearly that much last year too! ;)

Yes, the numbers were all over the place in the story. The night before they were different from the morning report. LOL.

The facts are: Last year she raised $1,592 for Gateway Humane Society and another $85 for the Jefferson County Humane Officer to buy a piece of needed equipment.

This year (so far) she has raised $1,600 (and counting) for Gateway Humane Society.

So, all total so far about $3300. Not bad for a 10-year-old.  :)

She's also got close to $100 that she has earmarked for buying pet oxygen masks for a local fire department who doesn't have them. It seems as though Brockway FD and Ambulance already have them, so I believe she plans to buy a set for Horton Township.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just FYI: Grace of "Grace's Goodies" will be a guest on Central PA Live on Tuesday, August 26, which is "National Dog Day."  ;)

She will be preparing her homemade dog biscuits for the audience. Of course, she hopes that if you decide to use her recipe, you'll make a donation to her cause for Gateway Humane Society, since she is giving away her secrets on television.  :D

Central PA Live airs on Channel 10 WTAJ at 4 p.m.