GoDuBois.com

Robins at my feeder...

badmonkey

This is the first time that I have had Robins at my established bird feeder. There are two Robins hanging out at the feeder nearly daily. They don't perch on the feeder but they do eat seeds that have fallen to the ground. So far they are playing nicely with the other birds. Anyone else have Robins at their bird feeders?

Robins are probably at your feeders to eat the insects around the fallen seed.  You can feed them soaked raisins if you want to give them a treat.  Just soak them in a bowl of water over night, drain them and then set them out.  Catbirds, Orioles and Blue Jays will eat them too.  

I will give it a try. We already have Robins, Catbirds, Blue Jays and several other species of birds at the feeder but it is always nice to give them a treat!

Robins are probably at your feeders to eat the insects around the fallen seed.  You can feed them soaked raisins if you want to give them a treat.  Just soak them in a bowl of water over night, drain them and then set them out.  Catbirds, Orioles and Blue Jays will eat them too.