GoDuBois.com

has it been 17 years alreadY?

I heard that it is time for the 17 year locust again. I know that they aren't really locust but, is this the year? We drove Through Maryland and Delaware last year and they were out in full force. You should have seen our van after about 100 miles of driving through them. At one point, we had to turn on the windshield wipers and use a little fluid to clean them off of the window. I don't know how the bikers were doing it. We saw countless bikes driving along the interstate and most of the riders were not wearing helmets. Man, that has to hurt!

We just came back from WV.  The locusts were pretty bad there in some parts.  They call them cicadas.  The noise from them was very loud.  Sounded like a constant whistling.  I don`t ever recall  seeing them before.

I don't think it can be 17 years. I wrote an article, complete with a recipe for deep fried cicada or something, for the newsletter and I know that wasn't 17 years ago. It's up on our website somewhere. If I ever get a minute I'll check.