GoDuBois.com

10 Things You Better Get Used To When Owning A Dachshund

Bon

Weenies come in an array of colors. Most people have red, black, black & tan, red & black, & blonde. Then there are pie balds...lots of colors for them.

Weenies come in smooth, long haired, & wire haired. We have only had smooth.

We once had a blonde weenie..never again!!! She was like the stupidest dog we ever had!!

We had a Jack Russell once, remember Wishbone?? Well, come to find out they aren't as co operative as Wishbone was. Jacks come in 3 sizes, small, med, & lg. The bigger the dog, the more layed back they are. We had the small one ... very hyper!!! She did love to play soccer in the yard!! We went back to Weenies after her!!!!

At least they aren't black. There is nothing quite like having a black dog and trying to stumble around in the dark. 

i hear ya! I have 2 black dogs, one big that loves to stretch out and one who thinks she is big and likes to sprawl out everywhere....and then a dark brown lazy old girl who won't move for nuttin!

Weighing in at 44.5 lbs.....Minnie Pearl! she is growing so fast, mischievous as can be, back yard has so many holes filled with gravel, starting to look like a penn dot highway! along with the dismembered bodies of what was once were stuffed toys everywhere, she is a lot of fun, little skittish yet, vet says to socialize her more with adults as she is with young kids and dogs all the time and then just me and hubby....sooooo grandma is "grand dog sitting" next weekend for us to go hunting, I've got the "mommy anxiety" due to this being her first time away from me ever overnight but I know she will be in good hands and come back even more spoiled.

image001.jpg

We had a Jack Russell once, remember Wishbone?? Well, come to find out they aren't as co operative as Wishbone was. Jacks come in 3 sizes, small, med, & lg. The bigger the dog, the more layed back they are. We had the small one ... very hyper!!! She did love to play soccer in the yard!! We went back to Weenies after her!!!!

My ex wanted a Jack Russell after we saw My Dog Skip at the movies. I wanted to rescue a dog. At any rate, she took me to see 12 satanic, Jack Russell puppy's. Jack chose us. And. He was 1/2 off. Now I know why. :D

Bon, I had a wiener dog looked same as yours. It was back in the 80s. Fussy Fussy dog! He loved raw potatos, couldnt peel them fast enough. Loved that old dog. He used to pee on the floor every time I came home from work.

The majority of weenies pee when they see their owner or family/friends. They are just too happy to see you!! This one doesn't do that, she will run to you, do their little prance and then go into the yard and pee. She is a pretty good dog (don't tell my hubby I said that!!). She does have seperation anxiety .. she sits in the house and does that howl/cry thing. She wants to be with one of us .. but if SOB comes to the house, forget it!! She only wants SOB and gets depressed when she doesn't take her for a ride.

Bon, I had a wiener dog looked same as yours. It was back in the 80s. Fussy Fussy dog! He loved raw potatos, couldnt peel them fast enough. Loved that old dog. He used to pee on the floor every time I came home from work.

just out of curiosity ... where did you get your wiener??

My first one I got from a lady in Mt Zion area on Caledonia short cut, in 1983. Paid $175 for her, which was a lot for them then. 

Dusty was the runt of the litter, but grew to about 10-12 pounds. She was a hunting dog!! She would go on point for grouse, rabbits, groundhogs, and any other small animal.  She tree'd a groundhog once, aloong with herself!! We heard her barking and barking by the barn, hubby went there and had to shoot the groundhod in order to get the dog out of the tree!!

Another time she messed with a bear that had cubs in the area. Came home with her head hanging down and crawled behind the couch. I got ahold of her, she had claw marks down her head. Ended up having scars from that episode.

Another time she went after an elk that came onto the farm. At that time the elk were only seen in Caledonia, Medix, Benezette, and Grant areas. The elk didn't hurt her and she would just bark at them from then on. She loved to go for rides to see the deer & elk ..lol.

She was quite a dog!!!

The majority of weenies pee when they see their owner or family/friends. They are just too happy to see you!! This one doesn't do that, she will run to you, do their little prance and then go into the yard and pee. She is a pretty good dog (don't tell my hubby I said that!!). She does have seperation anxiety .. she sits in the house and does that howl/cry thing. She wants to be with one of us .. but if SOB comes to the house, forget it!! She only wants SOB and gets depressed when she doesn't take her for a ride.

SOB has that gift. :)