GoDuBois.com

Bigfoot: If It Exist, Here's Where To Find It

mr.d

Bigfoot: If it exists, here's where to find it

635495083418330024-AP-DO-BIGFOOT-DCOV-16

The Gulf Coast Bigfoot Research Organization (GCBRO) is convinced Bigfoot is real, and exists in large numbers (up to 30,000). 

Associated Press

USA TODAY, OCTOBER 24,2014----------The Gulf Coast Bigfoot Research Organization (GCBRO) is convinced that not only is there a Bigfoot, but there are in fact bigfeet scattered across the countryside, even as many as 30,000 creatures (a number they admit is a "wild guess") from the Pacific Northwest and across the South from Texas to Georgia.

The specimens in the Northwest are believed to be of the Sasquatch variety, mainly loners that avoid humans, while their cousins in the South, Bigfoot, are believed to be more aggressive and don't necessarily shy away from human contact. The GCBRO's controversial goal is to kill an adult male Bigfoot for scientific study.

The efforts of the GCBRO will be featured in a special called "Killing Bigfoot", airing on Destination America on October 24th. I recently spoke with Jim Landsdale, co-founder of the GCBRO, who made a point of telling me that Bigfoot hunts are not just guys firing shotguns and drinking beer. The hunts are quite regimented, "military style," with emphasis on gun safety. They are also careful to stay off private property or secure permission from the landowner ahead of time. Hunts can last anywhere from a week to 20 days, exploring paths and following tracks day and night.

During our conversation, Landsdale shared some of the best places in America to spot Bigfoot, including the following:

"Monster Central"

The so-called "Monster Central," about 1500 acres, 30 miles south of Shreveport Louisiana, is actually on Landsdale's property, where he first laid eyes on a Bigfoot 20 years ago and where the GCBRO does many of their hunts. They've most recently spotted a female bigfoot along with her child, though since the GCBRO team only wants to harvest a male specimen, they didn't pursue. Landsdale says these are sharp, corn-feeding creatures, but they can also be fearless. When the creatures allegedly started killing Landsdale's pets, he resolved to kill one for study.

Northwest Louisiana

The Toledo Bend Reservoir, on the Sabine River between Texas and Louisiana near the city of Natchitoches, is a prime area for Bigfoot sightings, sometimes generating two reports a month. The GCBRO has seen "packs" of Bigfoot here, roaming across four or five parishes.

East Texas

Landsdale reports there is heavy activity continuing along the Sabine River through Greg, Harrison and Panola counties in Texas. Five months ago a GCBRO group saw a total of five young creatures scampering around the area in a single day.

Southeast Oklahoma

The Kiamichi Mountains are a hotbed of Bigfoot activity. A GCBRO member that owns 40 acres in the area claims to routinely get Bigfoot visits around his cabin. A word of caution: The creatures in this area are said to be especially aggressive.

Mississippi

The GCBRO says they receive anywhere from three to five reports a week from up and down the river and its tributaries in the Mississippi Wildlife Management Area (WMA). Other times, an entire month will pass without a report. Based on this and other evidence, the group has concluded that Bigfoot individuals and families of up to 10 creatures are probably hunting in geographic loops on a roughly 72 hour cycle, originating from their bedding area, moving to various hunting grounds, and back to their bedding area. As with much of the South, it's theorized that Bigfoot prefers this area for the climate and abundance of vegetation and animals.

Arkansas

This area is best known for the Fouke Monster, aka "Southern Sasquatch," near the town of Fouke in Miller County, Arkansas. A book and a number of films have been made, based on this legend. Fouke was the first known variety of sasquatch, with only three toes (Bigfoot species can have three, four or five toes), and are aggressive, prone to killing pigs and terrorizing people. Landsdale believes the three toed creatures may be inbreeding, making them more aggressive than their four and five-toed cousins.

Georgia

The Appalachian Mountains in the northwest part of the state, particularly near the Benton-MacKaye Trail off Highway 515, are said to get sightings four or five times a month. Though this is one of the hottest parts of Georgia, caves provide refuge from the heat and there is abundant vegetation and animals.

Washington State

The west coastal areas of Washington State have several reports of sightings, including Kitsap County, which has had quite a few sightings in 2014 alone, as well as Bumping Lake and Skooum Valley. The coast is said to be preferred by these sasquatch for the climate, as it's never really hot or cold, and there's plenty of available vegetation and meat. Again, the sasquatch in this region tend to be less aggressive, more likely to be loners, and stay away from people.

Northern California

Bluff Creek is famous for the hotly debated Patterson film, showing footage of "Patty" in 1967. Since then, male tracks have been found in the snow in the area. Caves provide protection from the elements between hunts, which persist all winter, as Sasquatch don't hibernate.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             SEE SLIDES;   http://www.usatoday.com/experience/america/best-of-lists/bigfoot-sighting-across-america/17679793/

YEAR: 2013

SEASON: Spring

MONTH: May

DATE: 26

STATE: Pennsylvania

COUNTY: Clearfield County

LOCATION DETAILS: Wooded area. Former site of an old strip mine. Now filled in and over grown.

NEAREST TOWN: Houtzdale, PA

NEAREST ROAD: PA State Route 153

OBSERVED: While putting out salt blocks at hunting spots, I saw two creatures. One was in a wide open area. The other I didn't see until I saw where the first one was moving away from me and headed for the tree line. I was no more than 25 yards away. The first one I saw very clearly. It was approximately 8 feet tall and walking upright. It had a sloping forehead. The hands were at about the same level as its knees. My best estimate would be 600 lbs. The color was all black. It had no hair on its face or hands. The only sound it made was when it walked I could hear the grass being trampled. It never looked my way or made any vocalization. Its arms swung slightly while walking with the knuckles facing forward and not to the side like a human. My best estimate on the forearm length would be 16 inches. When it turned left and into the tree line, I could see its back clearly. That's when I saw the other one. I saw its back only. Shoulders on both were broad and straight. Approximately 3 ft across. I smelled or heard nothing, during, or after the sighting. After they disappeared, I threw the salt block over the 12 feet embankment and left. I have not been back since. The only thing I took away from this encounter is all they wanted to do was get away from me.

ALSO NOTICED: I have run this in my mind for 3 months now. I cannot come to any plausible explanation for what I saw. I can not think of any animal I could have possibly misidentified.

There has been more than 1 sighting on that mountain.. One reliable sighting was from a park ranger in the area.. ;)

If Bigfoot had any guts, and wanted to gain some creds, he'd be over in the Poconos looking for the cop killer.. That would convince me beyond doubt.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you ever seen a human skeleton while in the woods? If they exist, they could bury their dead just like humans do..

No,if someone dies,they usually get hauled out and buried.Dead people are skelatons are found from time to time though.I have however,found dead bear,deer and a variety of other animals.Is there any evidence that any primate burys their dead?There's plenty of speculation what they could do.Unfortunately,if there were 30k of them,irrefutable evidence would be present.

• 4 weeks later...