GoDuBois.com

Laundry Soap.........

picksbughfan

I made the liquid version and have been using it for 2 days now and it is great. It gels up almost like Jell-O but I was still able to put it in containers (empty laundry soap containers) and can still pour it out.

I used the giant box of baking soda, it says on it that is can be used for laundry. If it isn't the right thing, it works well anyhow! I will look for the laundry kind when this one runs out. It seems to be working very well. Next question- is there a homemade softener too?? lol.

Best window cleaner I've ever used, is the one I make:

Take an old Windex spray bottle, or other 32 oz. size spray bottle. (think its 32 oz, maybe more, maybe less)

Fill it 1/3 with white vinegar, 1/3 with Parson's Lemon Ammonia, and the rest of the way with hot water.

Shiniest glass around with that stuff.

I found this site let me know if you try it.

http://www.recipezaar.com/179890

I have all those ingredients on hand right now....might just have to give that one a try...my only concern, is how to get one cup of it, into the small capacity dispenser on my HE machine.....guess I'll just adjust for that.  I only hope it doesn't make the clothing smell like vinegar, or my hubby will pitch a fit!!

Guest snellma

White vinegar shouldn't make anything smell.

Thanks for all the recipes.  Going to get the ingredients today.

Guest snellma

Harris Teeter closed in our immediate town, but they are still in the area.  We used to shop there in VA all the time.

The only thing I was able to find at Wal-Mart here was the Borax.  I will go to Publix to look for the other stuff.  Will probably pay an arm and let for it, but we will see.  If worst comes to worst I will use the Ivory if I can't find the Fels.

Remember, the suds don't get the clothes clean..but when you buy commercial laundry soap, it makes all kinds of suds, it makes you think you're getting those clothes sooo clean...nope, its not the suds, its the surfactants, and all the other stuff, not the suds...

Yepper, 1 tablespoon, and yes you can adjust if you feel a need to see at least 'some' suds.  If you make the liquid version, you use 1 cup.

Guest snellma

I finally found the A & H Washing Soda and Fels at our grocery store called Publix.  I am going to start with the powered version and see how I like that first.  Not sure when I will get around to trying it since I have a bushel and half of peaches and about a peck of hot peppers to put up in the next 2 days (and I work full time).

My mom and I make the laundry soap alot.  I just made some the other day.  Was at the dollar store and they had bars of soap for $1.  It said that it can be used for laundry.  Used it and it works great.  Had my mom pick me up a couple more since the store don't usually carry it.  It is called ZOTE.  It was shipped to the store by mistake.  It is usually used in mexico.  My mom googled it and it is used alot in mexico.  I really like smell.  It has a citrus smell.  So if anyone sees it, go ahead a buy it.  I works just as well as Fels and has a good scent.

I made up a batch of homemade up and had alittle bit of boughten detergent left so I mixed them together.  I noticed I have to shake it up because it gets watery.  Does anyone else have to shake it up before using it?  But other than that, seems to clean them as well as the boughten stuff.

I made up a batch of homemade up and had alittle bit of boughten detergent left so I mixed them together.  I noticed I have to shake it up because it gets watery.  Does anyone else have to shake it up before using it?  But other than that, seems to clean them as well as the boughten stuff.

Yes mine is very thick also.  I just left it in the bucket and have a measuring cup hang on the side.