GoDuBois.com

Money Saving ideas

picksbughfan

I know this thread was started looong time ago for different ideas to make your own products..........basically the laundry soap recipe got this up and going I think, and I know many have started using the soap and other tips from here including me.  So now since this thread is also tips on money saving ideas how about we talk coupons .  With the craze of extreme couponing show, and I know lots of people in the area are huge couponers, maybe we can share hints and tips on that.  I do use coupons and I would like to do more, every penny counts in my opinion.  I try to save where I can so it opens up to many other possibilities in my life ( like taking vacations, sending kids to college, etc.).  What has been one of your best deals with coupons?  I know the other day, I had had coupons for soap,  a local store had them on sale for $1 each and my coupons were .40 which doubled to .80, so .20 each I paid, not free but not bad!    :exc:   Does anyone know of any coupon groups/clubs in the area?    

Northsouthgirl was running some meetings.  I think they fizzled out in DuBois, but she might still go to the winery.  She is the most knowledgeable person I know about coupons.  I hit or miss.  I have gotten some 2 liters of pepsi brand pop for 24 cents each in the past.  That is my best.  Have a wonderful day.

I was getting free baby formula for a couple months there (before my son was changed to prescription formula).  I was able to trade the checks that come in the mail with other moms and combine coupons and sales.

I do not have time for much clipping anymore, so I try to stock up when I see the good prices.

My stockup prices are:

Baby Wipes - a penny each or less

Diapers - 10 cents a piece or less

TP - 23 cents or less for a roll

Paper Towels - 50 cents or less a roll

Laundry Soap - Less than 12 cents a load

Amazon usually has good deals.  They can sometimes be hit or miss though, so sign up with a blogger who checks their prices each day on stock up items so that you know when the best ones are on.

I foound one site  moneysavingmom   that has a lot of good info, & you can sign up for newsletter and they will show you different deals and the matching coupon that is available, and another one is the krazy coupon lady, she has lots of things too, you also can like both of these on fb if that is easier.  I got a good deal on Pepsi the other day,   a store had 6 pack of bottles for 4/10  had coupons for 2 off of 2 packs so I used 2 coupons taking 4 off of the 4 packs which made them 4 for 6 so i paid 1.50 a 6pack.   good deal since they usually run that for 1 2liter.  

i started a couponing group on facebook where we trade coupons and share info on who has the best sales right now and who is doubling coupons, etc.

i just started using my coupons, i have not gotten anything free yet, but i have saved quite a bit.  

i started a couponing group on facebook where we trade coupons and share info on who has the best sales right now and who is doubling coupons, etc.

i just started using my coupons, i have not gotten anything free yet, but i have saved quite a bit.  

what is the name of your facebook group?  I would like to check it out if that is ok.

• 11 months later...

This thread hasn't been updated in almost a year!   One of my fav places lately to coupon is at CVS.  Between sales with coupon match-ups and extrabucks rewards you can save some pretty good $$$$. An example, yesterday I paid $16.72, but my total before coupons & sales was $43.79.  Then on top of that I got $7 more in extrabuck rewards to use on my next purchase if I want, and they don't expire till end of Feb.   Anyone else with some good coupon stories, would luv to hear them.

A local store had shaving cream on sale 2 for $7.  I had a coupon for BOGO free and two $2 off coupons.  I ended up paying .75 for two!

In that shopping trip my bill was $73.00 after coupons and discounts out of pocket $43!!!  :)

I happen to hit a clearance cart at my local store on Wednesday.  They had Irish spring body wash for 1.25.  I had 1.00 coupons so I got 2 for 25 cents each.  They also had soft soap body wash for 1.25. I had 75 cent coupons, which are doubled, so those were free.  There were medium sized bottles of Clorox for 1.20.  A doubled 20 cent coupon made this 80 cents!

Last week, they had chex mix for 1.00.  I had 50 and 60 cent coupons that were doubled.  I have 12 bags of chex mix that I got for free!

I love coupons!!!!

I got some of that chex mix too, except I only had two coupons but I did get two bags free.  I wish I had that many coupons at once, I know I can buy some too on ebay and other places, I just have not done that yet, but I am going to soon.  But $1 a bag on that chex mix was an awsome price since it is regurlary $2.99-$3.19  

Has anyone heard or seen the 52 Week Money Challenge.  I seen it on Pinterest and other places.  

Each week you depost the amount of money for the corresponding week, such as week 1 depost $1, week 2 $2 and so on all the way to week 52, that week u deposit $52 dollars. and at the end of the year will of saved $1,378.00!!!!  My husband and I are doing this, this will be just week 5 for us, we are at the easy weeks now.  But after the year it will be a nice to see that we saved that up and who know what we will do with the $$$  We were thinking maybe new flooring for the living room but we will see then.  

I foound one site  moneysavingmom   that has a lot of good info, & you can sign up for newsletter and they will show you different deals and the matching coupon that is available, and another one is the krazy coupon lady, she has lots of things too, you also can like both of these on fb if that is easier.  I got a good deal on Pepsi the other day,   a store had 6 pack of bottles for 4/10  had coupons for 2 off of 2 packs so I used 2 coupons taking 4 off of the 4 packs which made them 4 for 6 so i paid 1.50 a 6pack.   good deal since they usually run that for 1 2liter.  

Oh Lord!

I wouldn't have gotten that good deal on the Pepsi!! The telling of how to do so reminded me of those school word-problems (that thoroughly confused me) in math class that started like this: "If a train left Chicago at 6AM...........etc etc...."

I happen to hit a clearance cart at my local store on Wednesday.  They had Irish spring body wash for 1.25.  I had 1.00 coupons so I got 2 for 25 cents each.  They also had soft soap body wash for 1.25. I had 75 cent coupons, which are doubled, so those were free.  There were medium sized bottles of Clorox for 1.20.  A doubled 20 cent coupon made this 80 cents!

Last week, they had chex mix for 1.00.  I had 50 and 60 cent coupons that were doubled.  I have 12 bags of chex mix that I got for free!

I love coupons!!!!

:-/

I have always been intimidated by them and thus avoid them because I suck at math!!!  I really should work at changing my ways as obviously there is huge benefits of savings in doing so.