Guest snellma

Guest snellma

Ingredients

2 Bars shredded Octagon soap

1 cup baking soda

1/4 cup washing soda

1/4 cup lemon juice

Directions

Put shredded soap in 4 1/2- 5 quarts of water and melt on stove. When melted, turn stove off and add all other ingredients and stir. When cooled down, pour in sealed containers.

Use as you would any other dish detergent. The only thing is that it doesn't suds much but gets dishes real clean. I keep a partial bar of Octagon soap by the sink to use when needed. I also use 1/8 cup of vinegar in the rinse water. Hope this works for you!

Guest snellma

Lemon Dishwashing Liquid

1/4 cup soap flakes or grated soap e.g. Lux or Sunlight soap

2 - 2.5 cups hot water

1/4 cup glycerine

25 drops lemon essential oil

Combine the soap and hot water until the soap is dissolved. Leave to cool until lukewarm, and stir in the glycerine and essential oil. Leave to cool completely; it will form a loose gel. Break up with a fork and pour into a squeezy bottle. Use 3 teaspoons dissolved in hot water.

Update: When we got up this morning the soft gel had set even more so when DH went to do the dishes it took a bit of effort to get it out of the squeezy bottle, lol. So I tipped it out into a bowl and added more hot water to make it thinner, then back into the bottle - and voila, all good  

Guest snellma

Dishwashing Liquid

3 TBS organic liquid castile soap

2 cups warm water

2 TBS vegetable glycerine

2 TBS white vinegar or lemon juice

10 drops lemon essential oil

I modified the recipe because it didn

Where do I find the Octagon soap and the castile soap in the DuBois area?  I used to use the castile bar soap on my children when they were small.  Haven`t seen it for quite a while. Can I use another soap as a substitute?  Thanks.