GoDuBois.com

Hummingbirds are on their way north.

lavender

• 1 month later...
Guest tinygyrl

I seen one the other day out by Oklahoma Salem Road at a house I was working.

I saw one yesterday at my hanging baskets. They had been hanging on my front porch for less than 24 hours. I live in the unpopulated area of Treasure Lake. How that teeny bird found my new basket is beyond me. It's not like there's row after row of houses with flowers here. I'm like in the middle of the woods.

On another note, I have so many woodpeckers this year. So many more than any other year I remember. The ones I can see are the red topped ones, but there are bigger ones I hear rat-a-tat-ing but can't see. Any birders on here know why there are more than usual? Ash borer?

We saw our first hummer of the season last night. They love the quince bush!!

I saw a quince bush as big and beautiful as yours on the way to State College recently. You don't see them often anymore. 

• 3 weeks later...

I saw a quince bush as big and beautiful as yours on the way to State College recently. You don't see them often anymore.

Hubby dug up the lilac & quince Bush in the back yard. We gave them both away. He is still working on the one next to the Hwy.

Hubby dug up the lilac & quince Bush in the back yard. We gave them both away. He is still working on the one next to the Hwy.

He didn't dig up that giant quince bush did he? It would take a back hoe! I've got grasses that are so big it would kill an ordinary human to get them out. Sometimes the plant wins. 

He didn't dig up that giant quince bush did he? It would take a back hoe! I've got grasses that are so big it would kill an ordinary human to get them out. Sometimes the plant wins.

He is using a back hoe & its still kicking his a$$. The roots are incredible!! He has about 1/4 of the giant quince taken out. That one is going to take some time!!. We gave away the one that was up in the back yard.

We had a small backhoe come in once and move several large plants that couldn't be moved by hand.  The guy dug the hole first, we filled it with water and let it drain away, then moved the huge root mass into the hole.  Everything made it but the Purple Smoke Bush.  It saved a lot of cursing. :)