GoDuBois.com

Can anyone identify this plant?

Looks like you have two different ones there.  It's hard to tell from just a picture but the one closest to the wall may be poison ivy.  Leaves of three? 

The one in the foreground has 5 leaves which would NOT be poison ivy.  Might it be elderberry just germinating?  Otherwise there is a host of things it could be and someone would need a sample to properly identify it.  If you're from DuBois then drop a sample of each one in a sealed zip lock bag at the Donation Box at Charlie's Alternators and I'll get them identified for you in a day or so.  Be sure to include roots and the stem.

Thank you spaghetti wasted, I'm trying to find out for a friend, I think I have the same thing at my old house, only varigated, green and cream colored. I thought it was probably just ground cover. It gets a long stem and flower, whick i think is seeds. Thanks Petee

I was going to say it was Snow on the Mountain also. I had the varigated plants for years and tried to kill it off but then it started to come in all green. I could never figure that out, why it changed color but I know for sure it was the same plant as the bi-colored before.

Aegepodium or Bishops weed aka as snow on the mountain. There is a variegated form and a plain form. Get rid of it!  The roots will travel under over and around and you will be living with it the rest of your life. A big piece of plastic will do it.

You need a good hot summer and black plastic. it cooks it. Spray what comes out the edges. It gives up eventually. The raised bed at the city building was full of it and there is nary a plant left. Did the same thing to the mint at the library and that was under the concrete. You just have to keep after it. 

Considering its location then you might try an organic weed spray and repeat it weekly till it doesn't come back.  One spraying should knock it back well to begin with.

I have a patch of it but I keep it moved into its corner with this spray.

1 gallon cleaning strength white vinegar

2 C Epsom Salts

2 ounces Dawn Dish Detergent

2 ounces rubbing alcohol.

Works great although you may have to repeat it a couple times to starve the root system.  It smells like a great salad.

Thanks ladies, I knew i could find an answer here. Yes Phoebe that is what mine looks like, I always cut off the flower part, I think that just reseeds more. I should plant some under my pines, I can't get anything to grow good there, and it would certainly look better than the weeds that are currently there!