GoDuBois.com

Question about dog food....

Buster99

My little guy (Maltese) has been scratching like crazy.  I can't find any fleas.  Someone suggested it may be a food/gluten allergy.  He eats Pedigree.

Can anyone recommend a food to try that does not have gluten?  I feel so bad for him!

Blue Buffalo Freedom brand - it's definitely pricier than Pedigree, but it has no grains whatsoever and the ingredients as a whole are a little better.

freedomlandingpagefamilyshot.png

Their website has a comparison thing as well to show ingredients and benefits of your brand vs. theirs. This is Pedigree's: http://bluebuffalo.com/true-blue-test/compare-dog-food/results/?brandPageId=5326&testPageId=5317

Blue Buffalo Freedom brand - it's definitely pricier than Pedigree, but it has no grains whatsoever and the ingredients as a whole are a little better.

freedomlandingpagefamilyshot.png

I am going to the pet store after work......will definitely check it out!!!  Thanks!

My two Lhasa's thrive on Eagle Pack chicken and pork meal original. It is ranked 4.5 out of 5 in the dog food advisor site. most dog food has corn and wheat as the primary ingrediat. Thee are not the best for dogs. Pedigree only ranks 1, as do most popular brands. eagle pack is a bit more expensive, but not as much as other premium foods. I buy 30 lbs. for $37.00 to $40.00.... Delivered free by Amazon Prime, in 2 days. I feed them dry, it is always available to them. No, they don't overeat.

The girl at petco was very helpful. She said anything is a step up from pedigree. I got the whole earth salmon and whitefish. He likes it, but his breath is a little funky. It is a lower price point, but grain free. I also bought some cans for a treat. We will see how it goes.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

We have fed our German Shepherd the Canidae Life Stages since we got him from the breeder. Pay a little more but it is all natural with no grain fillers or byproducts.

Pedigree is one of the worst dog foods out there!!

Also If you set up with Petco online and get their Pals Rewards you can save substantial money buying it online from them. 

We have fed our German Shepherd the Canidae Life Stages since we got him from the breeder. Pay a little more but it is all natural with no grain fillers or byproducts.

Also If you set up with Petco online and get their Pals Rewards you can save substantial money buying it online from them. 

We got our great dane mix when he was 5 he lived to be 14. That is all he ever ate was pedigree! It is not the worst out there, just depends on the dog.

Wiener Dog eats Pedigree Healthy Weight. We had to switch her from another brand to Pedigree because she was hungry all the time but over weight .. 25#. Since we switched she has more energy, plays more, and lost weight .. 18-19#. We were told to only give her 1/4 cup morning & same amount for supper. She is up to 1/2 -3/4 cup now that she is more active. She jumps in the car, onto the back of the couch, plays with LC more,& is just a much happier dog!!

If she starts having problems with her joints, less active, gains weight, we will switch her to a more expensive dog food.

We just switch our labs off of Canidae after it go bad reviews for lying about ingredient amounts.  We switched to Hi-Tek Naturals (Sweet Potato and Chicken, grain-free).  They've been gobbling it up. 

I also discovered chewy.com has way better prices than Petco and free 2 day shipping!  No more lugging the 40 lb bag of food home.