GoDuBois.com

Maryland couple chooses Clearfield County for cattle farm, livestock r

Bon

Maryland couple chooses Clearfield County for cattle farm, livestock reproduction services

•  

•  

•  

56f00485763c3.image.jpg

• Photo by Jeff Corcino

Andrea and Bryan Loar, formerly of Maryland, recently moved to the Curwensville area to operate their own farm.

•  

•  

•  

•  

Maryland natives Bryan and Andrea Loar have recently moved to the Curwensville area to operate their own farm.

Agriculture Technician Bob Edwards of the Clearfield County Conservation District said it is extremely rare for farmers from out of state to move to Clearfield County.

The Loars formerly operated a 165-acre beef cattle and hay farm in Thurmont, Md.

In many parts of Maryland you do not even have title/deed to the land.  You merely have title/deed to the improvements(structures thereon).  

While even in places that you do have title/deed to the land, the state/federal goverments retains patent - thus you "rent" it via property taxes, but you're allowed to call it private with the claim of deed.  (PA is like that)   But with Maryland, many of those areas you cant even claim the land as private.

My brother owns a house and lives in Maryland. He says he has to pay for the rain that falls on his roof. Or the disposal of the rain. Or for the fact that his roof interferes with the natural fall of the rain. Or something...

They charge him by the square feet of his roof. This is in addition to property taxes. It has to do with rain. My eyes glossed over when he was explaining it.

I don't understand it but he's never lied to me before.

Sounds like Maryland has a different agenda.