GoDuBois.com

Ughhh...the weather!

dyna99

My Grandfather Never put plants in till the 2nd week of June.He always had a very nice Garden. A Frost in May is pretty normal for around here.

Can't remember exactly when but 10 or so years ago we had a very heavy unexpected freak frost in early/mid June that wiped out my garden. That was when we were canning heavy and it got well over 100 tomato and pepper plants. Had a hell of a time replacing the plants as everyone else lost everything too and the greenhouses were cleaned out. 

My Grandfather Never put plants in till the 2nd week of June.He always had a very nice Garden. A Frost in May is pretty normal for around here.

I never planted till the 6th of June. That's when my family used to plant, & I followed that rule. Now I'm lucky if I'm able to plant a flower. :(

PA weather - look outside, then look again 5 minutes later and it's changed. Like today. Wind and snow and then sunshine with the birds singing away. Right now it's beautiful, I have the door open and the birds are very happy, worms everywhere. 

Can't remember exactly when but 10 or so years ago we had a very heavy unexpected freak frost in early/mid June that wiped out my garden. That was when we were canning heavy and it got well over 100 tomato and pepper plants. Had a hell of a time replacing the plants as everyone else lost everything too and the greenhouses were cleaned out. 

My latest frost in the garden was about 1972 on June 21.  We didn't have a lot of sources to get plants then and the stumps of the frozen plants beat the transplants we did find.  The corn didn't come back, peppers were stunted, but tomatoes returned.