GoDuBois.com

Ticks Are No Joke

mr.d

'Each time I was diagnosed, I was prescribed 10 days of Doxycycline, the antibiotic that kills Lyme. Each time it did the trick.'

If it's easily curable why did the CDC make a vaccine?

Thank goodness for you. Your results probably were related to early detection. A vaccine probably to fight against the lagtime people get bitten and go to the doctor.

It depends on whether the spirochete was able to lay eggs in your body before the antibiotic killed it.  If so then they can live in your tissues for quite a while before they decide to hatch and see if the coast is clear.  Then you have a repeat of the same symptoms but they should be milder as long as your immune system built up antibodies to it.  We should spend our lives getting stronger by eating, drinking and sleeping well.

'Each time I was diagnosed, I was prescribed 10 days of Doxycycline, the antibiotic that kills Lyme. Each time it did the trick.'

If it's easily curable why did the CDC make a vaccine?

It isn't "easily curable". Trust me. 

The spirochetes can and will cross the Blood-Brain Barrier. When that happens, not many antibiotics can reach them. Even if you take ones that do, they have a hard time killing them all. 

He is indeed a great hunter.

He has also kept mice from coming into the garage, but he doesn't eat them, he's a picky eater. He undid his warm welcome from my wife the day he killed a woodpecker. Luckily he has slacked off birds.

I just fed him and he is keeping an eye on the front yard laying on a heated pad on the glider. The life of Riley.

101.jpg

An outdoor cat is almost a must any more if ticks are to be kept away from your property.  Get a stray, collar it, get it vaccinated against rabies and neutered at a clinic.  Woodland has a very reasonable one.  If the cat turns out to be a birder, then keep the feeders up high.  The cat will still catch ground critters but if you fatten it up then they go after fewer birds. 

No little rodent varmints, fewer snakes, something soft and warm to pet and love.  You're doing the earth a service.