GoDuBois.com

Advanced Disposal Landfill Collapse

2 minutes ago, sapphire said:

I don't either. It didn't seem like much of a fine for a serious offense, IMO.

Takes about 2 hours to bring that much money in...

I really think I need to leave this site. I think Fed is the only person that knows how far I stuck my neck out to make noise about this. For $12K...

I'm so pissed that if I say what I really want to I'll lose my job.

Is there any chance DEP will push harder? That investigation is ongoing

I would think of that OSHA is an organization to protect the worker as the DEP is an organization to protect the environment. Given the 12k "frown"  given by  OSHA,  I doubt that the DEP will do much more than that, and if they receive a bigger fine, how will that help anyone who was injured or the family of the man that was killed?   Advanced Disposal was negligent.

Its time to unleash the lawyers.  

2 hours ago, orphanne said:

With Advance Disposal knowing they were fined a measly $12,000, will they really be concerned about  future violations?  

If they do not correct the problem or continue to operate in a unsafe manner the fines will increase substantially. Click on story about this plumbing firm. They were fined closed to a million dollars for not correcting their violations.

http://www.ehstoday.com/construction/osha-fines-arrow-plumbing-llc-after-fatal-trench-collapse

4 hours ago, spaghettiwasted said:

That is absolutely pathetic. $12k is pocket change to the owners of Advanced.

I've seen fines for $3,000+ because one employee was not wearing their safety glasses. (Not at Advanced.)

Come on...

Have seen OSHA fine companies $3k to $7k for ground plugs missing on extension cords.

This $12k fine is a slap in the face to the man that died, his family, and every employee at the landfill. Like I said many, many posts ago this area of PA is the most underhanded corrupt place I have ever seen and this just proves it again!! 

1 hour ago, NikonSniper said:

Have seen OSHA fine companies $3k to $7k for ground plugs missing on extension cords.

This $12k fine is a slap in the face to the man that died, his family, and every employee at the landfill. Like I said many, many posts ago this area of PA is the most underhanded corrupt place I have ever seen and this just proves it again!! 

I expected them to get away with it given who they are and their history, but this is absolutely ridiculous. A slap in the face doesn't even begin to cover it.

This small town, big name nonsense has gotta go. That's all I can really say about it anymore. Don't wanna get myself banned.

(This is just the beginning total too, FYI. Before they negotiate with OSHA and get it knocked in half...)

Abatement note #2 in the notice is huge. It would take me forever to explain what that means, but if any family members are reading this, that note shows something that is inconceivable to me. Notes #2 and #5 should be paid particular attention to