GoDuBois.com

Smoker Recipes

Pompeii

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

BRANDY SMOKED TURKEY: I tried this for THANKSGIVING and it was great. I had a 20 pound turkey and thawed it. I injected with the following marinade.3 cups Christian Brothers BRANDY $10 + 1/4 cup orange juice+1/4 cup vegetable oil 3 Tablespoons bacon drippings. Inject the day before smoking. RUB RECIPE: 2 TBL. ONION powder+2 Tbl. of orange juice, brandy, bacon drippings, salt, pepper,and brown sugar. Add more or less ingredients to suit yourself. Put rub on turkey and put in smoker. I have a MASTERBILT 30 inch electric smoker. I put a disposable foil pan half filled with a 50-50 mixture of apple juice and water on bottom rack below turkey. I used apple wood and smoked at 225 degrees until internal temperature reached 165 degrees.

2 hours ago, larry01 said:

BRANDY SMOKED TURKEY: I tried this for THANKSGIVING and it was great. I had a 20 pound turkey and thawed it. I injected with the following marinade.3 cups Christian Brothers BRANDY $10 + 1/4 cup orange juice+1/4 cup vegetable oil 3 Tablespoons bacon drippings. Inject the day before smoking. RUB RECIPE: 2 TBL. ONION powder+2 Tbl. of orange juice, brandy, bacon drippings, salt, pepper,and brown sugar. Add more or less ingredients to suit yourself. Put rub on turkey and put in smoker. I have a MASTERBILT 30 inch electric smoker. I put a disposable foil pan half filled with a 50-50 mixture of apple juice and water on bottom rack below turkey. I used apple wood and smoked at 225 degrees until internal temperature reached 165 degrees.

Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Steelnut, this recipe is from the Orion site, so cook times would be different on a traditional smoker, but this has been my favorite rib recipe

Hush Yo'Mouth Baby Back Ribs

Contributor: Lizzie Powell - Atlanta, GA
Serves: NA
Calories Per Serving: NA
Preparation Time: 1hr 30 minutes
Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients:
• Baby Back Ribs (1-6 racks)
• Cayenne Pepper (1 tsp)
• Orion's Dry Rub Garlic (2 cloves)
• Apple Cider Vinegar (1 cup)
• Salt (to taste)
• Ketchup (1 cup)
• Mustard (5 tbsp)

Cooking Instructions:

1. Remove the ribs from the package, rinse, and pat dry.
  2. Apply Orion's Dry Rub evenly.
  3. Affix the ribs to the rib hangers and place in the cooker.
  4. Then, fire up your Orion Cooker and cook for 1 hour 15 mins*, or until done. Best if cooked with mesquite chips.

Barbecue Sauce (optional): Mix vinegar, ketchup, and mustard until it's a light orange color. Add the cayenne pepper, garlic, salt and Tabasco sauce to taste. Apply before and after cooking.

• 4 weeks later...

Season ribs the way you want. Smoke them for 3 hours at 225 than spray them with apple cider vinegar wrap with aluminum foil and continue to cook at 225 for 2 hours then unwrap apply your favorite BBQ sauce or just spray with apple cider vinegar again and cook at 225 for one more hour. Remove from smoker. Pull the bones out. They slide out easily slice up an onion. Cut boneless ribs into sub bun length add ribs onion cheese and more BBQ sauce to a sub bun and you will never have a mcrib sandwich again.