GoDuBois.com

~~~ PET MEMORIAL PAGE ~~~

VikingPrincess

we have lost 3 dogs over the years and we have 3 little urns on a stand in my bedroom..it is sad to even think about them, but I am glad their ashes are near.

I also have an urn with my oldest boxer Stogie inside....makes me feel better he is close by.....:(

• 1 year later...

Sorry for your loss Etsaunt.

Solace

From the silence of your pain I heard my name
       and on the wings of light I have come
              to see the sadness in your eyes
                     that cry without tears

Can you see me, I am here
       I will always be near you
              to calm your shattered heart
                     and to make you smile at the memories

Do you feel me, perhaps a soft brush of fur
       You ache to believe it's real
              but you are afraid to hope
                     You brush away a strand of hair
                            But it was I, whispering.....

I am only here for but a moment
       The silver thread gently quivers
              I will leave behind my love in a dream
                     When you awaken, and without really knowing why

Your heart will know at last
           That it is all right, for now
                     to say good-bye

This was on the Message Board but it is great here!

A Dog's Plea

Treat me kindly, my beloved friend, for no heart in all the world is more greatful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me things you would have me learn.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by fierce wagging of my tail when your footsteps fall upon my waiting ear.

Please take me inside when it is cold and wet, for I am a domesticated animal, no longer accustomed to bitter elements.  I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst.

Feed me clean food that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life, should your life be in danger.

And, my friend, when I am very old, and I no longer enjoy good health, hearing and sight, do not make heroic efforts to keep me going.  I am not having any fun.  Please see that my trusting life is taken gently.  I shall leave this earth knowing with the last breath I draw, that my fate was always safest in your hands.

Omgosh, this made me cry!

My thoughts go out to all those who have lost a pet.  Many don't understand the significance of our furry friends to our daily happiness.

• 3 months later...

I lost my 2nd boxer, Miss Dyna, last July 20th...been almost a year...she past away from colon cancer at the age of 11 1/2... She was my girl, altho in the beginning she was poppa's girl.. We had Stogie when we 1st got Dyna. We drove to Columbus Ohio to get her. She was a dark brindle, therefore people were a little afraid of her, hate to admit, in the beginning I was too... She was not a people person until she was about 4 years old...the change came with her 1st litter of puppies...then she became my pup.. She was the one that found my breast cancer before the doctors did..and also my kidney problem....

We found out 2 weeks before her death that she had colon cancer... She told us when it was time to cross the bridge... :(  She is still with us today...beside Stogie where she would want to be...IMG_0035.JPGIMG_0048.JPG

• 2 years later...

RIP Sienna, we loved you so much. We are going to miss your toe licks, nose nudges, kisses, belly rubs, paw to get neck rubs, floppy ears , & smiles. You & Chi Chi made us laugh so much running through the house playing tag!! You & Wiener Dog sleeping together, usually with your heads resting on the other. Last but not least, Sienna & her sister Midge. They were typical sisters - love, hate relationship!! We loved when we could have them together!! They would chase each other around the yard, but Sienna would wear out faster, she was a tad bit bigger then Midgy. March 13 2016 - September 25 2017

0316170945-00.jpg

0316170736-00.jpg

FB_IMG_1485697776422.jpg

0315171143-00.jpg

Thank you all. Today is the first day I haven't cried, but have teared up a lot, including now. Chi Chi is missing her buddy, she cried herself to sleep right up against me. Tuesday morning she looked for Sienna in her normal places & did a howl/cry. Never heard a small dog do that before. After we did what needed to be done, doggy business, we went back to bed & cried more.

Today hubby sent me a text about Chi & how is she. Then he says maybe she needs an afternoon Midgy. I took Chi up, & after 20 min, they started playing ball. Then Chi 's daddy stopped in, both dogs are happy! Next thing we know Chi Chi is rolling in the grass.....my hubby said it's fox pee. This is the 3rd time she has tried this perfume at SOB's, we don't like it!! Plus Sunday morning at our house, it stinks!!

Anyways ... I think this helped Chi Chi & I today. Chi sure did sleep good when we got home!!

(I started typing this on Wednesday, but kept falling asleep 😴. I only woke up once, my usual 2 am)

• 1 year later...