GoDuBois.com

Is it just me?

Pappy

Has anyone seen the price of new and used trucks lately. Wow

When I see prices of 45,000 on new ones and that's one of the middle of the road ones I think wow. Used truck prices for something with over 100,000 miles on it for 20,000 thats 7 years old and 3 year old ones for 35,000 well thats just to darn much. I make good money but I wont throw it away. Looks like I may just do a complete resto on mine and save between 15,000 and 40,000. 

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 6:52 PM, Gator11 said:

Has anyone seen the price of new and used trucks lately. Wow

When I see prices of 45,000 on new ones and that's one of the middle of the road ones I think wow. Used truck prices for something with over 100,000 miles on it for 20,000 thats 7 years old and 3 year old ones for 35,000 well thats just to darn much. I make good money but I wont throw it away. Looks like I may just do a complete resto on mine and save between 15,000 and 40,000. 

I think I bought my last big truck at the perfect time. I bought a 2009 F-250 King Ranch with 49K miles on it in 2012 for $36K. When I saw the new 2017s on the road, I looked up the King Ranch price online. $85K :shock1:

I know the emissions regulations drove the price of the engines up by about 15%, but good lord, there's no excuse for a 3/4 ton truck to cost that much money. The only good thing about that is that with my truck still having under 80K miles on it, it's worth almost as much as I paid for it.

yep used truck prices are holding their value as well. I bet if gasoline went up another $1 prices would fall rapidly as no one would be buying except people who needed them for work etc.

I may break down and get a new 3/4 ton. I really like my truck but it is only a half ton and I need something just a bit bigger to haul with.

I have looked at and gotten prices of used ones and they are 30 to 35k and they are three years old. I may as well buy a new one and get a good warranty and keep it till I die

1 hour ago, Gator11 said:

yep used truck prices are holding their value as well. I bet if gasoline went up another $1 prices would fall rapidly as no one would be buying except people who needed them for work etc.

I may break down and get a new 3/4 ton. I really like my truck but it is only a half ton and I need something just a bit bigger to haul with.

I have looked at and gotten prices of used ones and they are 30 to 35k and they are three years old. I may as well buy a new one and get a good warranty and keep it till I die

Hubby is a die hard Silverado guy and they just have to be a 2500 series. When he traded in the last one in 2014 for a new one, I told him that it had,to be the last one. The prices are absolutely crazy! And he, like our son (a Dodge Ram fan) baby their trucks. And to me, I grew up on a farm and trucks were for work, but oh no, not now. They recently tarred and chipped our road. The day they did it, hubby had to run into town. Did he take his truck???? No, he took my CRV! :(

22 hours ago, Gator11 said:

I am also a chevy man. If it is any consolation his 2014 probably can be sold for not much less than what he paid for it back then from the prices I have seen in the used car lots.

I know, I see the prices of the used ones and it's just crazy!

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:08 PM, Gator11 said:

I am also a chevy man. If it is any consolation his 2014 probably can be sold for not much less than what he paid for it back then from the prices I have seen in the used car lots.

My truck before the King Ranch was a 2008 Silverado 2500HD. I should have kept that truck, pre EGR and DEF, sweetest driving and riding 3/4 ton I've ever been in. I'd be all over one of those if I could find one with lower miles, even if the price is still up there

I jumped off the cliff and bought a new Chevy 1/2 ton crew cab. My old one was on its last legs and with the rust issues, mechanical issues, well it was time to just bite the bullet and get one. It stickered for over half of what I paid for my home 14 years ago (sickening). I was going to get the 3/4 ton but the LT 1500's had way better rebates. It hasn't hurt yet but it will when the payment starts in October. Not that I am cheap but I was just starting to save some cash.

2 hours ago, Gator11 said:

I jumped off the cliff and bought a new Chevy 1/2 ton crew cab. My old one was on its last legs and with the rust issues, mechanical issues, well it was time to just bite the bullet and get one. It stickered for over half of what I paid for my home 14 years ago (sickening). I was going to get the 3/4 ton but the LT 1500's had way better rebates. It hasn't hurt yet but it will when the payment starts in October. Not that I am cheap but I was just starting to save some cash.

What package? I love those new body styles.

ETA: Oh, never mind, you said LT. Sweet :good:

If I was the grandbaby I'd wait for that one over that 'Stang ;)

It is a nice  body style. Getting a   2 1/2 inch leveling kit put on Friday to give it a better stance, The front ends are a bit lower than the rear end. It will level it out and then raise it a bit both front and back nothing to drastic. This one should last me until I kick the bucket.  I am not buying another one that is unless I win the lottery and I will need one to haul some of those southern chickens up here.

19 hours ago, Gator11 said:

It is a nice  body style. Getting a   2 1/2 inch leveling kit put on Friday to give it a better stance, The front ends are a bit lower than the rear end. It will level it out and then raise it a bit both front and back nothing to drastic. This one should last me until I kick the bucket.  I am not buying another one that is unless I win the lottery and I will need one to haul some of those southern chickens up here.

I'll trade you 2 dozen already laying for the 17 ;)

On 8/28/2017 at 11:56 AM, landfillguy said:

My truck before the King Ranch was a 2008 Silverado 2500HD. I should have kept that truck, pre EGR and DEF, sweetest driving and riding 3/4 ton I've ever been in. I'd be all over one of those if I could find one with lower miles, even if the price is still up there

Hubby will only have a Silverado 2500, I've tried to talk him into a 1500 numerous times, but no way! Good grief, they are so expensive :(

1 hour ago, steelnut said:

Hubby will only have a Silverado 2500, I've tried to talk him into a 1500 numerous times, but no way! Good grief, they are so expensive :(

We don't have kids, so our cars are what we splurge on. I have my truck, my wife has a nice Vette. People see that Vette and make the stupid "You can't hide money" remark, but they don't give the truck a second thought. People don't realize new diesels cost more than a new Corvette

9 minutes ago, landfillguy said:

We don't have kids, so our cars are what we splurge on. I have my truck, my wife has a nice Vette. People see that Vette and make the stupid "You can't hide money" remark, but they don't give the truck a second thought. People don't realize new diesels cost more than a new Corvette

We have a Vette too, it's an old one but we love it, it's our splurge I guess. It's never driven in bad weather, which we have an abundance of up here. We hear the same kind of comments. One child, grown and with a family of his own. So we're at a point of thinking we did our job and now we can actually spend money on us sometimes. Now that doesn't mean that I want hubby to get another 2500 Silverado...no, no, no!!!

2 minutes ago, steelnut said:

We have a Vette too, it's an old one but we love it, it's our splurge I guess. It's never driven in bad weather, which we have an abundance of up here. We hear the same kind of comments. One child, grown and with a family of his own. So we're at a point of thinking we did our job and now we can actually spend money on us sometimes. Now that doesn't mean that I want hubby to get another 2500 Silverado...no, no, no!!!

Ours is 4 years old with 7000 miles on it. She drives my truck if weather conditions aren't perfect :rolleyes:

I can understand buying a 2500, but not repeatedly. The point of having a diesel is to put some miles on it ;)

3 minutes ago, landfillguy said:

Ours is 4 years old with 7000 miles on it. She drives my truck if weather conditions aren't perfect :rolleyes:

I can understand buying a 2500, but not repeatedly. The point of having a diesel is to put some miles on it ;)

Ours is a 1986, old one, but in great condition. Hubby is on-line many nights looking for another one, to me one is enough.  My favorite of hubby's 2500's was the 2005, I loved that truck! But he had to trade it in to get another one 2009 and then the last one in 2014...LAST ONE!!!

I take back that the 2005 was my favorite, actually the very best of his trucks was the 1992 Silverado, it was the smoothest ride ever. I think I shed a few tears when we gave it to our son. He no longer has it, but it's still on the road, we see it all the time. :)