GoDuBois.com

Monarchs

Sunshyn

You can do either.  If you want to raise them to flying stage, then let me know or Google the process.  If not then just drop them off to Charlie during the day or leave them when we release them from 4 pm to 4:30 pm.  There are 5 Monarch Wranglers who will raise them to the butterfly stage.  We tag and release them when they are ready to fly.  

I think we are at about 130 now with a LOT left to raise.

Thanks for finding them.

I decided to raise them so my sisters kids can see how the growing process is. I put them in an aquarium with some sticks for them to climb and some paper towels on the bottom. I havent raised them since I wad a kid and I am excited myself to watch them

0913172009.jpg

Be sure to add a lid so they don't jump ship!  You may want to wash the milkweed since it can have toxins or disease organisms at this time of year.  When they emerge as butterflies then bring them for free tagging and you can release them anywhere.

It has one of the mesh lids on it..lol. Dont want to come home to have them wondering the house. I have to go scouting for more milkweed tomorrow. The ones I found them on were by the road along rt 322 but I think we have a couple plants out back of my work. I have been watching the plants for yrs and this is the first I have found any.