GoDuBois.com

UPDATE : America Votes In Favor Of 'Mayochup'

mr.d

UPDATE: America votes in favor of 'mayochup'

Americans have spoken

Video Player is loading.
New idea from Heinz: Mayochup
by WTAE US

UPDATE 4/16/2018: You did it, America. The people have voted and "mayochup" will officially be coming to the U.S., according to the Heinz Twitter account. Now, what should it be called?

ORIGINAL STORY 4/12/2018: Mayonnaise and ketchup are two of the the most tried and true condiments you can rely on. And when it comes to these two diner staples, people have been mixing 'em up create the perfect tangy-yet-creamy sauce for ages. So, why not take out the middle man and bottle it?

Heinz has apparently already done that. Recently, folks online have discovered that bottled "mayochup" already exists, though it's only available for purchase in the Middle East, according to Delish. And while some folks are totally on board with the pre-made concoction, others think it's just peak laziness.

The debate on whether or not bottled mayochup is worthy of store shelves caught Heinz's attention, and the company took to Twitter to let the people decide.

So cast your vote, and if mayochup lovers don't turn out in droves, you can always do it the old-fashioned way, by mixing the two up on a plate like your grandma taught you.                                                     SEE VIDEO AND TWEETS ;      http://www.wtae.com/article/mayochup-heinz/19754646

I once asked the waiter at The Outback what made up the sauce served with the Bloomin Onion. He said it was just mayo and ketchup. Also the special sauce on a Big Mac reminds me of a combination of these two and some relish. 

All that said, if I ever hear someone say " I'm running into Doobwah to pick up some Mayochup", I'll know I've lived too long.