GoDuBois.com

steelers

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not a chance. Picks are long on potential and, very often, short on payoff- at least for the first few years. And by then, they're usually hitting free agency. What the Browns gave up was the cha

The Pirates gave up 6 touchdowns this weekend.

11 hours ago, WMJ77 said:

Bye, bye AB!    you were only worth a 3rd and a 5th....you and chuckie are going to have fun, all of your baby mommas just got a raise too.....glad you are gone, enjoy your money

Bye, bye here too! One thing about Gruden is that he will not take any bs. Remember when he coached Tampa Bay, and when Keyshawn Johnson lipped off? Johnson was their best receiver by far and Gruden made him sit on the bench the whole year. I will bet that if AB gets into the HOF, he'll go in as a Steeler. He was one of my favorite players, but he is soooo stupid, he followed his buddy LB's lead. Me, I'd rather have smart players who are team players and work together than idiot narcissist ego driven players... 

37 minutes ago, tlaker said:

A 1st, 3rd, and Peppers was too much to give. 

Not a chance. Picks are long on potential and, very often, short on payoff- at least for the first few years. And by then, they're usually hitting free agency.

What the Browns gave up was the chance to throw the dice and, probably, good money with it. What they got was a proven wide receiver who is essential already inked to a five-year deal.

Is he a prima donna? Absolutely. But he's a prima donna that has shown he can deliver.

Report: Odell Beckham Jr. Seeking Restructured Contract from Browns After Trade

JOSEPH ZUCKER

Following his reported trade to the Cleveland Browns, Odell Beckham Jr. wants to restructure his contract, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the Browns have agreed to send the 17th overall pick in the 2019 draft, a third-round pick and safety Jabrill Peppers to the New York Giants for Beckham.

Beckham's request comes after the Oakland Raiders amended Antonio Brown's contract immediately after they acquired him from the Pittsburgh Steelers.

According to Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio, Brown will receive a little over $50.1 million through the 2021 season, up from $38.9 million under the deal's original terms. Brown's guaranteed money also climbed from zero to $30.1 million, per Florio.

Beckham signed a five-year, $90 million extension with the Giants last August, but he has good reason to either seek a new deal or renegotiate the particulars of his current contract.

While he has more than $72.7 million left on his contract, only $16.7 million of that is guaranteed salary, per Over the Cap. That guaranteed money is entirely limited to the 2019 season as well, so Beckham has little in the way of long-term security.

The Browns made a big investment in Beckham by giving up so much for him in Tuesday's trade. However, they would have few hurdles if they wanted to release him at any point beyond this coming season.

To avoid any friction with their newest star, the Browns might agree to restructure Beckham's contract. Adding a few million dollars and increasing his guarantees wouldn't significantly alter their financial flexibility going forward—at least much more than adding his existing contract to the payroll did. 

Jeremy Fowler

@JFowlerESPN

Patriots were in on Anthony Chickillo at similar deal to what he just signed with Pittsburgh, two years for $8 million. Chickillo said it was tempting but he wanted to win with Steelers. “It’s funny everybody’s counting us out,” Chickillo said. “You still have to play.”

Mar 12, 2019

1 hour ago, WMJ77 said:

signed 2yr deal

Nice fill in pick up.

In the Post Gazette they were comparing AB to Terrell Owens.  They were saying how Drew Rosenhaus was Owens agent too.   What they didnt say was TO only played a couple more years at 32. Was a major distraction. And went broke from all his actions. So much for Rosenhaus.   Owens went broke right after football. A  paid TV show couldnt even save him. 

On 3/13/2019 at 7:35 AM, WMJ77 said:

and he took a paycut

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn-s3.si.com%2F

He took $8 million less than the Steelers over the life of the contract. He sat out and lost $14.5 million.  He lost $22.5 million.  Just because he wanted $30-35 million guaranteed in ONE year.  The Steelers were going to give him $33 million in 2 years. he will never get that money back.  $22.5 mill buys a lot of weed. I hope his RAP career takes off. Because he must have been like Ricky Williams and took a "smoking" year off.

Not a huge fan of the Barron signing.  I guess I'm more "ho-hum".  Why?  He plays a hybrid LB/DB position where speed is a necessity.  He'll be 30 later this year.  Usually around that age, humans fastest days are behind them.  If he can play better than Morgan Burnett, then I suppose it was a positive.

20 hours ago, Cacao said:

Not a huge fan of the Barron signing.  I guess I'm more "ho-hum".  Why?  He plays a hybrid LB/DB position where speed is a necessity.  He'll be 30 later this year.  Usually around that age, humans fastest days are behind them.  If he can play better than Morgan Burnett, then I suppose it was a positive.

I think they think he is Shazier "lite"

Oakland Raiders sign linebacker Vontaze Burfict

ByJOHN NEWBY 
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Vontaze Burfict is reuniting with his former defensive coordinator.

The Oakland Raiders have had an eventful offseason so far, as they have traded for superstar wide receiver Antonio Brown and also made key free-agent signings like those of wide receiver Tyrell Williams and safety LaMarcus Joyner. Jon Gruden and Co. are not done yet, however.

According to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, the Raiders are signing Burfict to a one-year contract. This deal is worth roughly $5 million with incentives. Burfict was cut by the Bengals on Monday after they failed to find a trade partner for him, but he was expected to have several suitors on the open market.

Steelers have informed veteran S Morgan Burnett that they will release him by April 1, per the player’s request, said his agent Kevin Conner. Burnett was told release would occur Weds, but Steelers say accounting issues will delay it another week. Another S about to be on market

• 2 weeks later...

@MattVerderame
According to multiple sources, #Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger is expected to relinquish his regular radio show in Pittsburgh prior to next season.

Roethlisberger is hoping that it helps his standing with teammates. https://twitter.com/MattVerderame/statu ... 0511964168

good for him, get and stay focused each week and kick ass this year.....shove it down bell and mr big chests throat