GoDuBois.com

Meet my granddaughter Faith Marie

Bon

Dr Tasian came and saw her Twice! That’s crazy to me that he has come onto the floor to see her and update us!
Anyway, he feels that the stone was mostly from her utis … so the UTIs are what caused the stone …not the stone causing the UTIs…the more UTIs she had the bigger the stone grew 
So we will be keeping her on an antibiotic long term
Infection prevention is the key he said.

He will continue her kidney stone care for as long as she needs.

As for her bladder issues and such 
We will be going to children’s in Pittsburgh for that
I did receive a call from the urology department and there is a dr there who reviewed her case and disagrees with Dr Schnecks views and would like to take over Faiths care for her urology needs.

So basically the UTIs caused the stone, the stone harbored the bacteria creating more UTIs and the UTIs would then cause the stone to grow bigger….nasty vicious cycle
But they do feel that she shouldn’t get UTIs as often anymore as long as we follow up with care to make sure there is no other factors contributing to cause the UTIs in the first place.
It could have been from the sepsis she had back in her cancer days that started the process then the gastroparesis last summer that caused a lot of dehydration and lack of fluids to flush out the bacteria properly

So plan is today
Make sure her kidney isn’t holding urine  

Then they will take out the Foley catheter  
Then watch to make sure she can pee on her own  

Watch for any signs of distress 
Then if all goes well in the next 24 hrs 
We may be able to go home tomorrow! 🥳🤩

3 hours ago, Petee said:

Hysterical!  I think she's counting exercises and thinking what a bunch of hooey this is! :10:

That’s her bouncy chair! Just like an infant chair, but for older kids with developmental problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Faith Marie, Midgy & Brandi spent most of the day at my house. When she first got to Amma’s house, Mama put her beside me on the couch & Chi Chi layer beside her. I took her hand & showed her how to give Chi a belly rub, Chi was eating it right up & Faith was smiling. I let go of her hand to see what she would do, she still petted her, but then she went for Chi’s head, smacked her in the snoot 2 times, grabbed her nose & pulled, then went and pulled on her left front leg. Chi just laid there & let her do whatever she wanted. I was surprised!! Chi loves her niece very much, she was the only dog the could lay on Brandi’s tummy when she was pregnant. Maybe that’s why they get along so well?!?

IMG_0587.jpeg

IMG_0592.jpeg