GoDuBois.com
  • LOW PRICES
  • LOW PRICES
  • LOW PRICES

Spam & Scam Calls Today!

• Administrators

Just today, I've received 12 scam calls on my cell phone. My house phone/business phone had 3 today.

Yesterday was 8 and 2.

One number was 000-000-0000 :lol:

I don't answer an unknown call, I just reject them and later on I will decide about blocking their number.

Has anyone else seen a rise of these calls the last few days??

• 2 months later...

Got 2 calls yesterday 1 showing restricted 1 showing private.  They both left voicemails it was the Social Security Administration calling to say they had locked my SS number due to criminal activity associated with it.  What was funny originally they showed as said, restricted and private but showed up in my call log as a 201 area code number.  I realize it's a scam, but sad for those who don't get it and respond out of fear!

Life is what happens to you, when you're busy making other plans ~ John Lennon

23 minutes ago, block said:

Got 2 calls yesterday 1 showing restricted 1 showing private.  They both left voicemails it was the Social Security Administration calling to say they had locked my SS number due to criminal activity associated with it.  What was funny originally they showed as said, restricted and private but showed up in my call log as a 201 area code number.  I realize it's a scam, but sad for those who don't get it and respond out of fear!

I got the same message and so did a friend. They must lay awake at night conjuring up their next scam! :duh:

I didn't pay attention to the number because my call block finally said ENOUGH and won't take anymore numbers. Sigh..... :tapfoot:

If I don't recognize the number I don't answer, if they don't leave a message it's an automatic block. If they leave a message and it's a robocall, sales pitch or scam it is blocked. I've been doing this about 6 months now and my number of daily calls has declined considerably.

"Any man who can safely drive a car while kissing a pretty girl, simply isn't giving the kiss the attention it deserves"... Albert Einstein

"And how can we win, when fools be king?"

2 hours ago, old farm boy said:

If I don't recognize the number I don't answer, if they don't leave a message it's an automatic block. If they leave a message and it's a robocall, sales pitch or scam it is blocked. I've been doing this about 6 months now and my number of daily calls has declined considerably.

Exactly what I've done for a couple years....until.....my call block :surrender:It holds 250 blocked calls and is full with no apparent way to delete in bulk. :no: I did delete 10 for now but who knows if they were old or current.... BIG SIGH! Right now, I'd be okay with deleting ALL and starting over but can't seem to find that option on my phone....or on Google for that phone. :tapfoot:

ETA: I usually report the number to one of the spam websites too. Also verifies that it is spam since others have usually already reported it. One time, I did block a friend who called from a new number and didn't leave a message. :oops: 😂

1 hour ago, Zilch1 said:

My wife and I get lots of spam calls. PANASONIC makes a CALL BLOCKER KX-TGA710. It comes preloaded with 14,000 blocked numbers and you add them by pushing the red button on the front. Christmas is coming. Might be a good gift.

:wow2: 14000! That's a sign of the times! Wish they had that built in to one of their phone systems...  :thanks:

I keep getting calls from a "recorded line" scammer.They want to give me an assortment of braces for different joint pains. What they really want is my personal identity information so that they can charge Medicare and my insurance company for stuff I don't want or need and may never get. When I hear "recorded line" I just say "I don't speak to recorded lines" and hang up. They either don't stop their spiel or promise to turn off the recorder (which they may or may not actually have.) I don't answer calls from people who block their caller IDs either

It's time to clean House...and Senate too!

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't paying attention and by accident answered a call from Nebraska this morning. Horror of horrors my social security card has been suspended!!!!:funny4: Suspended from what?????:tapfoot:

"Any man who can safely drive a car while kissing a pretty girl, simply isn't giving the kiss the attention it deserves"... Albert Einstein

"And how can we win, when fools be king?"

Got a call from Princess Cruise Lines telling me I was chosen to receive an $8000.00 credit towards a cruise. Girl with a thick Spanish accent, which was my first clue. It  came from an 814-661-xxxx number, which many of the cloned calls use, but not from people who can barely speak English. I replied, "Listen scammer..." and heard the disconnect sound.

It's time to clean House...and Senate too!