GoDuBois.com

Patriots Caught Videotaping Bengals After 'Unintended Oversight'

Patriots caught videotaping Bengals after 'unintended oversight'

Here we go again.

Not much appears to be going in the right direction for the New England Patriots at this point in the season.

The 10-3 team was booed off the field on Sunday after a rare home loss and Tom Brady, their legendary quarterback, has been struggling, compared to his own high standards.

New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, center, argues a call in the second half of an NFL football game against the Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday. (AP Photo/Elise Amendola)

New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, center, argues a call in the second half of an NFL football game against the Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday. (AP Photo/Elise Amendola)

Now the team-- still trying to distance itself from the 2007 Spygate scandal-- had to deal with a new report that said a video crew working for the team filmed the Cincinnati Bengals sideline during Sunday's game. The latest allegations came to light when Bengals coach Zac Taylor, whose team plays New England on Sunday, confirmed that the league was investigating the crew's activities.

The Patriots said in a social media post that a three-person crew for a web series titled "Do Your Job" "inappropriately filmed the field from the press box" as part of a feature on the scouting department. The filming took place "without specific knowledge of league rules," the statement said.

The team also said that while it was granted credentials for the crew from the Browns, the home team, "our failure to inform the Bengals and the League was an unintended oversight."

An NFL spokesman did not immediately respond to a request from The Associated Press seeking comment.

When confronted, the team said the crew "immediately turned over all footage to the league and cooperated fully."

"The sole purpose of the filming was to provide an illustration of an advance scout at work on the road. There was no intention of using the footage for any other purpose," the statement said. "We accept full responsibility for the actions of our production crew at the Browns-Bengals game."

Asked about the reports during his radio show on Monday, Belichick told WEEI radio that the video crew was completely separate from the football st

SEE VIDEO REPORT           ;      https://www.foxnews.com/sports/patriots-caught-videotaping-bengals-in-unintended-oversight                            ( All I have to  say about  Brady and Patriots   last 2 losses  are  TOO  BAD,   SO SAD )           

Well now. I hear reports that the person filming had a Patriot's shirt on. I also hear that his camera was only focused on the Bengal sideline for the entire first half.

More interesting facts about the Pats. I saw statistics that showed since the Patriots have been deflating footballs their fumbles declined significantly. The idea of deflating footballs wasn't just to help Brady it was done to minimize fumbles.

Meh, maybe I'm just pushing conspiracy theories, but the stats on fumbles is interesting.

Pro Football Rumors

Patriots likely to face discipline for video incident

It seems like the Patriots aren’t going to be exonerated of wrongdoing by the league for the videotaping incident that dominated headlines this past week. For a full primer on the scandal, click here.

Bill Belichick standing in front of a crowd© Winslow Townson-USA TODAY Sports

The NFL is “likely to penalize” New England, sources tell Mark Maske of the Washington Post. Maske writes that the league office is “contemplating disciplinary measures in line with those imposed on teams in recent seasons for infractions of game-day rules.” 

As for the type of punishment, he writes that it could “mean a fine in the hundreds of thousands of dollars and potentially the loss or reduction in value of a draft choice, typically a lower-level pick.” Maske highlights a number of incidents that sources indicated could serve as precedents.

The Giants were fined $150K back in 2016 for using walkie-talkies on the sideline, and the Falcons were fined $350K for artificially adding crowd noise in 2015. One source told him that the NFL has been “consistent on game-day violations,” and that will likely continue here. Fortunately for the Pats, Maske writes that Bill Belichick and individual members of the organization aren’t being targeted for potential punishments.

While Roger Goodell had previously said that the Patriots’ history with illegal videotaping would be taken into account, Maske writes that neither Belichick nor anybody else are being “viewed as repeat offenders.” He adds that the penalties aren’t set in stone yet, and deliberations in the league office will resume on Sunday.

The league is apparently hoping for a resolution as soon as possible, so we should know more shortly. All things considered, it doesn’t seem like they’re going to be cracking down too hard or hitting the Patriots with anything too severe. The organization likely wouldn’t lose much sleep over a fine, although obviously a potential draft pick sanction would be much more significant. Notably, Atlanta was docked a fifth-round pick in 2016 for the incident that Maske says is being used as a comparison.                                                                                                                         http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/patriots-likely-to-face-discipline-for-video-incident/ar-AAK8vTf?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=HPCDHP

7 hours ago, mr.d said:

Pro Football Rumors

Patriots likely to face discipline for video incident

It seems like the Patriots aren’t going to be exonerated of wrongdoing by the league for the videotaping incident that dominated headlines this past week. For a full primer on the scandal, click here.

Bill Belichick standing in front of a crowd© Winslow Townson-USA TODAY Sports

The NFL is “likely to penalize” New England, sources tell Mark Maske of the Washington Post. Maske writes that the league office is “contemplating disciplinary measures in line with those imposed on teams in recent seasons for infractions of game-day rules.” 

As for the type of punishment, he writes that it could “mean a fine in the hundreds of thousands of dollars and potentially the loss or reduction in value of a draft choice, typically a lower-level pick.” Maske highlights a number of incidents that sources indicated could serve as precedents.

The Giants were fined $150K back in 2016 for using walkie-talkies on the sideline, and the Falcons were fined $350K for artificially adding crowd noise in 2015. One source told him that the NFL has been “consistent on game-day violations,” and that will likely continue here. Fortunately for the Pats, Maske writes that Bill Belichick and individual members of the organization aren’t being targeted for potential punishments.

While Roger Goodell had previously said that the Patriots’ history with illegal videotaping would be taken into account, Maske writes that neither Belichick nor anybody else are being “viewed as repeat offenders.” He adds that the penalties aren’t set in stone yet, and deliberations in the league office will resume on Sunday.

The league is apparently hoping for a resolution as soon as possible, so we should know more shortly. All things considered, it doesn’t seem like they’re going to be cracking down too hard or hitting the Patriots with anything too severe. The organization likely wouldn’t lose much sleep over a fine, although obviously a potential draft pick sanction would be much more significant. Notably, Atlanta was docked a fifth-round pick in 2016 for the incident that Maske says is being used as a comparison.                                                                                                                         http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/patriots-likely-to-face-discipline-for-video-incident/ar-AAK8vTf?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=HPCDHP

Losing a 5th round pick to learn your opponent's signals sounds like a bargain to me.

Report: Patriots suspend videographer caught taping Bengals' sideline

CLOSEicon_close.png
LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

The videographer who broke NFL rules by filming the Cincinnati Bengals' sideline in Cleveland last week has been suspended by the New England Patriots.

The Boston Globe reports Dave Mondillo, a longtime employee of Patriots owner Robert Kraft's sports and entertainment company, was suspended last week after the incident became public.

NFL rules prevent teams from filming opponents' sidelines during games. Mondillo was caught doing so during the first quarter of the Bengals-Browns game last Sunday, a week before the Patriots played the Bengals.

Fox Sports aired a portion of the video, which included audio of a confrontation with a Bengals security official, on its "Fox NFL Sunday" pregame show.

The Pats acknowledged breaking the rules, but claimed the independent film crew was unaware its actions violated league policy.

"The production crew is independent of our football operation. While aware that one of the scouts was being profiled for a 'Do Your Job' episode, our football staff had no other involvement whatsoever in the planning, filming or creative decisions made during the production of these features," the team said in a statement. 

Typical Cheat tactic, fire the person hired to do the dirty work and give him a good payoff to keep his mouth shut.

Filming the Bengals, one of the worst teams this year.....if anyone believes it was ONLY the Bengals...I don't know what else to say.

Well, I will say one more thing. Olympians get stripped of their medals when caught cheating. This team has always cheated, have never stopped cheating and they get to keep their SB's, it's just wrong. It sure does help them that their perverted owner is the dirty commish's best buddy. I'm disgusted!!!

Here's my problem with this whole "spygate" thing, and I'm not defending the Pats either. If you need to cheat to beat the 1-13 Bengals you have big problems. If this is a league-wide problem and you were a team owner, wouldn't you increase security to catch this sort of thing? I don't know....something smells in Denmark and it ain't the fish!!!

MLB and NFL has similar investigations at the moment.  Both leagues need to make an example and rule harshly!  The must be zero tolerance.  If I were commissioner here's what I'd do...outside of hefty fines and firings of those involved:

MLB: Forfeit of rounds 1-5 draft picks in 2020 and 2021.  2021 team salary cap of $175M.  Not playoff eligible until 2022 season.

NFL:  Not playoff eligible this season or next.  Forfeit rounds 1 & 2 in 2020 draft and 1st round in 2021.  

40 minutes ago, Cacao said:

MLB and NFL has similar investigations at the moment.  Both leagues need to make an example and rule harshly!  The must be zero tolerance.  If I were commissioner here's what I'd do...outside of hefty fines and firings of those involved:

MLB: Forfeit of rounds 1-5 draft picks in 2020 and 2021.  2021 team salary cap of $175M.  Not playoff eligible until 2022 season.

NFL:  Not playoff eligible this season or next.  Forfeit rounds 1 & 2 in 2020 draft and 1st round in 2021.  

Regardless of the severity of the punishment, you'll never stop anyone from cheating - they'll simply become more creative in their approach.

The NCAA hit SMU, one of the premiere football programs at the time, with the death penalty in 1987 for repeated recruiting violations. Do you really believe that stopped college recruiting violations? I think we all know better.

22 minutes ago, Vader said:

Regardless of the severity of the punishment, you'll never stop anyone from cheating - they'll simply become more creative in their approach.

The NCAA hit SMU, one of the premiere football programs at the time, with the death penalty in 1987 for repeated recruiting violations. Do you really believe that stopped college recruiting violations? I think we all know better.

True.  But you cannot punish lightly simply because it might stop anyone from trying in the future.  You'll lose fans and upset the gambling industry.  Both of those are the dollars that run each industry.  

NCAA is run much differently than pro sports and comparisons can be difficult.

I would suspend the Pats form the playoffs for at least one season. Not for this one infraction but for the string of infractions going back a decade or more. If they whine and you know they will, the response is "You brought it on yourselves". I don't even get into pro football because of what the Pats have gotten away with over the years.

4 hours ago, Cacao said:

True.  But you cannot punish lightly simply because it might stop anyone from trying in the future.  You'll lose fans and upset the gambling industry.  Both of those are the dollars that run each industry.  

NCAA is run much differently than pro sports and comparisons can be difficult.

Certainly, but how many fans, and money, do you think it will lose when the league willfully and effectively kills off one of its own franchises for the choices made by its coaching staff?

If you want to make a statement, then ban the entire coaching staff along with the general manager from the league forever as habitual offenders. That's the group making the decisions.

Dangle that out there and you'll quickly find out which ones are culpable. BTW, regardless, the head coach and general manager should in no way escape the ban. It's part of their job to keep tabs on the behaviors of the others.

6 minutes ago, Vader said:

Certainly, but how many fans, and money, do you think it will lose when the league willfully and effectively kills off one of its own franchises for the choices made by its coaching staff?

If you want to make a statement, then ban the entire coaching staff along with the general manager from the league forever as habitual offenders. That's the group making the decisions.

Dangle that out there and you'll quickly find out which ones are culpable. BTW, regardless, the head coach and general manager should in no way escape the ban. It's part of their job to keep tabs on the behaviors of the others.

I'll agree with that.  In both cases, extremely harsh punishment needs to be applied.