• LOW PRICES

Consolidation

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone is entitled to their views, opinions, and vote. From what I have seen, most people who are diehard or longtime residents of the City or TWP are against it. They seem to be set in their way wi

Wonder what the stats are of people who grew up in DuBois but now live in Sandy (and vice versa).  Must be an outright scandal if a City dweller marries a Sandy dweller!!    Whatever Gotham Duboi

Sandy and DuBois are no different than thousands of other communities across the country.  Sandy does not have the lock on the definition of livability.   I have relatives that live in New England les

On 1/16/2020 at 10:03 AM, BigT said:

City Water and Sewage Charges

$7.00 per thousand

$10.00 Water Surcharge per month

$11.00 Sewage per thousand, determined by billed water

$2.00 Sewage Surcharge per month

These are residential rates.

And don't forget we now pay $20/mo. extra because some were not paying their garbage bill. An additional $32+ dollars a year from old garbage rate.

On 1/15/2020 at 5:23 PM, _Rusty_ said:

.. and since "DuSan" has already been copyrighted maybe we could use "SanDu"..😎

Seriously though there are far bigger issues with this than "merge" that won't be resolved easily. The City owns a fire dept. and the twp. does not. Both "own" massive sport fields but the city has more "brick and mortar" debt. in their fields. They both seem to have adequate personnel to cover the infrastructure maintenance but we don't need two managers, two tax collectors, ect. 

To me the bottom line is; they cannot solve issues now separately so how can the joining of the two simplify anything? I'd like to see an independent auditor come in and expose any and all duplications (as well as misuse of funds) so as to prove the need for any such merger.

SanDu? As in Xanadu, "In Xanadu did Kubla Khan A stately pleasure-dome decree."  Do ball fields count as stately pleasure domes? 

I'm just curious as to whether the city is going to support this knowing that they may lose control. 

22 hours ago, lavender said:

SanDu? As in Xanadu, "In Xanadu did Kubla Khan A stately pleasure-dome decree."  Do ball fields count as stately pleasure domes? 

I'm just curious as to whether the city is going to support this knowing that they may lose control. 

Fantastic!!!

Kubla Khan...second greatest poem ever, outdone only by Jabberwocky.

• 1 year later...

The people of Sandy Township didn't move to the city for a reason.  Moreover how will they deal with farms and people who have very little income who chose to live on lesser means and can't afford more taxes and complications.  

This is ONLY done to get bigger grants.  It's all about money rather than quality of life.  We don't need someone with free money swallowing up our quality of life for no good reason.

I want to know what it will mean to the least of the township people, rather than the possibility that the city's big wigs will stuff more into their pockets.

Lay the details out on the line rather than dangling great hopes out there and then getting a Biden.  Talk about a pig in a poke!

Guest Helloguest

If our taxes are indeed going to be lower, this is a win. Consolidated and streamlined services is also a win.

The story I tell everyone when I am asked why I am in favor of consolidation is that I was in a fender bender years ago outside of Burger King. A DuBois cop happened to be there and witnessed everything. Yet we had to wait on Sandy to arrive.  Asinine!

13 minutes ago, Petee said:

The people of Sandy Township didn't move to the city for a reason.  Moreover how will they deal with farms and people who have very little income who chose to live on lesser means and can't afford more taxes and complications.  

This is ONLY done to get bigger grants.  It's all about money rather than quality of life.  We don't need someone with free money swallowing up our quality of life for no good reason.

I want to know what it will mean to the least of the township people, rather than the possibility that the city's big wigs will stuff more into their pockets.

Lay the details out on the line rather than dangling great hopes out there and then getting a Biden.  Talk about a pig in a poke!

Have you looked at the report?  I have and I have questions but my mind is not made up. The financial numbers don’t look bad for either city or township residents.

I don’t think any big wigs will be able to stuff their pockets. My belief is some of the big wigs are of the age that they will retire.

1 hour ago, WMJ77 said:

why wasnt this done yrs ago.....my 1st question...:popcorn:

Because the Sandy Supervisors in charge then would not had approved a study being done.

The three new Supervisors who were elected over the last 4 years decided to purpose a study to look at the pros and cons.

The previous time(2002) a petition was submitted for the consolidation by citizen groups which required much more effort.

other than a bunch of people that thought they were better than the other council members and this goes both ways.....and the fact some would lose their cushy jobs and not feel so important.......THAT is what prob has changed, either retired or voted out........BUT what else has changed.....I get it the past studies were brought up by different groups  but did anyone ever compare the 2 studies or what do they think will be a different direction from the last on to this new option? Not much has changed....sold some school buildings, built some new ballfields, lost most of the mall stores, lost the jar'd bar , japan one , added some sheetz....other than that  :yes::popcorn: