Jump to content
GoDuBois.com
  • LOW PRICES
  • LOW PRICES
  • LOW PRICES

Stay at Home order


jaman
 Share

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, MIM307 said:

A lot of stores are saying 1 cart, 1 person because people can't figure out it's not a good idea to bring your entire family to the store.  It's not part of the order, but I have seen several local stores post the notice on their Facebook pages.  Aldi's was one of them. 

seems like a good idea

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This particular time in America has never been experienced before.  If a family is used to sliding under the wire where life and responsibility is concerned, they certainly won't be concerned now.  I swear that some people feel that they aren't stupid or bad enough to do anything a dumb as contracting a virus.  We're good, we don't get that kind of stuff, and if we do, it's because someone else is at fault.

Will America come out of this with a better attitude?  It should be a time of growth and development of good skills, not just death and stress.  Make it happen!  Be the change!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, NikonSniper said:

Our "essential" job is in Southwest PA and even though this area is one of the hot spots in PA many are running around like nothing's wrong. Do I want to be here? Hell no!! But the Dept of Homeland Security deems us vital to the infrastructure.

I will see this friday when I go to buy all my Holiday supplies  for 10 days.to see how many more are actually wearing masks or gloves.  Im like one of those fast shoppers. Like a fast  bulldozer now. 15-20 minutes Im out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MIM307 said:

A lot of stores are saying 1 cart, 1 person because people can't figure out it's not a good idea to bring your entire family to the store.  It's not part of the order, but I have seen several local stores post the notice on their Facebook pages.  Aldi's was one of them. 

One of the only stores I have seen here using extreme, but sensible, measures is Academy Sports. I assume y'all have those, sporting goods store the size of a Walmart. Ours is only allowing 5 shoppers in the store at a time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, LFG said:

One of the only stores I have seen here using extreme, but sensible, measures is Academy Sports. I assume y'all have those, sporting goods store the size of a Walmart. Ours is only allowing 5 shoppers in the store at a time

We have Dunham's. I d love to see Walmart try to let only 30-40 shoppers at a time in

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, jaman said:

We have Dunham's. I d love to see Walmart try to let only 30-40 shoppers at a time in

It's shocking that Academy is doing it. And enforcing it, too. You stand in line and no one goes in until someone comes out. 1 person per family

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went to Martin's in DuBois this morning for my Easter supplies and there was only 1 other person wearing a mask other than myself. Figured next week will be busier due to Easter shoppers. I can say I've never felt uneasy around other people until today. Definitely makes you aware how close people are to you. Surprised to see several elderly couples not seem concerned about keeping their distance from other shoppers. I too was in and out in 15 mins had my list arranged by isle and stuck to it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SunnyinPA said:

I went to Martin's in DuBois this morning for my Easter supplies and there was only 1 other person wearing a mask other than myself. Figured next week will be busier due to Easter shoppers. I can say I've never felt uneasy around other people until today. Definitely makes you aware how close people are to you. Surprised to see several elderly couples not seem concerned about keeping their distance from other shoppers. I too was in and out in 15 mins had my list arranged by isle and stuck to it. 

I have to admit I'm not concerned about wearing a mask. I'm definitely more aware of how close I am to people, stifle any coughs my allergies may be triggering, but I'm still not nervous. Some people worry too much, I guess I don't worry enough, but even with the reported numbers, unreported numbers, whatever, the statistics still stick in my head. I live in a rural area, work in a remote area, I'm not ready to don a hazmat suit just to leave the house.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today after work at grocery store, I was about ready to loose my S$it with people, cutting in right next to me to get things............

I even stood back waited for checkout lines to go down and still had a lady right freaking behind me as Im stuck in the the isle between checkout counters.

WHAT dont people understand right now about personal Space !!!

I think people are truly Ignorant to the Facts of try to overcome this situation, and then again most people just suck to begin with LOL :O

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, LFG said:

I have to admit I'm not concerned about wearing a mask. I'm definitely more aware of how close I am to people, stifle any coughs my allergies may be triggering, but I'm still not nervous. Some people worry too much, I guess I don't worry enough, but even with the reported numbers, unreported numbers, whatever, the statistics still stick in my head. I live in a rural area, work in a remote area, I'm not ready to don a hazmat suit just to leave the house.

I'm the same way. No mask, no gloves. After I shop I sanitize my hands. I've seen many reports where wearing a mask is only necessary if you are sick. Im not wearing one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

People just need to stay home. My place of work is not a place to meet up and block the isles while chatting about the virus one foot from eachother. Stop taking things from my hands and keep ur distance. I’m so disappointed of the human race and I really don’t like it anymore. Some way some how it has to end and I hope it’s soon before I snap... And I’m not a mean person but I’m going to start treating people as they act...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, LFG said:

I have to admit I'm not concerned about wearing a mask. I'm definitely more aware of how close I am to people, stifle any coughs my allergies may be triggering, but I'm still not nervous. Some people worry too much, I guess I don't worry enough, but even with the reported numbers, unreported numbers, whatever, the statistics still stick in my head. I live in a rural area, work in a remote area, I'm not ready to don a hazmat suit just to leave the house.

But, just think. This is your big chance. It may be the last time you'll ever be able to wear a mask into a store and not walk out in handcuffs. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...