GoDuBois.com

First Employee At Penn Highlands DuBois Test Positive For COVID-19

First employee at Penn Highlands DuBois tests positive for COVID-19

DuBOIS — Penn Highlands DuBois confirmed Monday that an employee has tested positive for COVID-19.

“The employee had not been at the hospital for several weeks before being diagnosed (tested positive for COVID-19),” PHH said in a statement to the Courier Express. “The person had been on vacation followed by a two-week isolation time at home as a precaution before returning to work.”

Penn Highlands, in its statement, said upon the person’s first day back, the employee followed protocol by entering the appropriate entrance and then proceeding to a verbal screening and temperature check upon arriving at work. (The employee performing the screening uses personal protective equipment.

“When symptoms were identified during this process, the employee was sent home immediately for quarantine,” according to PHH. “This person is recovering at home. No patients or staff were exposed to the virus.”

On 4/14/2020 at 12:20 PM, Lyndsey33 said:

I know this person and she was on vacation before Covid was such a big deal. This article is coming out now but it was a month ago when she went so it's a little misleading.

It was a big deal in early-March.  I was on a business trip to San Francisco before Valentine's day, everyone was wearing masks at the airport.  Many of my family members who work in the medical field, two of them at PH DuBois, advised me not to go (I went anyway because my business required it and lived to tell about it).  

2 hours ago, Cacao said:

It was a big deal in early-March.  I was on a business trip to San Francisco before Valentine's day, everyone was wearing masks at the airport.  Many of my family members who work in the medical field, two of them at PH DuBois, advised me not to go (I went anyway because my business required it and lived to tell about it).  

Yes but not talked about as much as the middle of March.

Yes, it WAS talked about....California and Washington were hit HARD in March...it was all over the news..DAILY!!

Maybe it was not the talk of DuBois or the Courier Express, but it was BIG news.

This young lady went on vacation in March to California for 2 wks when SHTF out there. Could not cancel the trip?

19 minutes ago, alexandria said:

Yes, it WAS talked about....California and Washington were hit HARD in March...it was all over the news..DAILY!!

This young lady went on vacation in March to California for 2 wks when SHTF out there. Could not cancel the trip?

Nice try to provoke  fake outrage.

At the time this person was in California there were only 145 cases confirmed out of a 40 million population.   Plus the death rate there is much lower than New York.

2 hours ago, alexandria said:

Maybe it was not the talk of DuBois or the Courier Express, but it was BIG news.

:wow2: