• LOW PRICES

2 New COVID-19 Case Reported In Jefferson County

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to bed last night and my wife still doesn't have her mask on. Should I ask for a divorce??  ... or maybe just sleep on the couch??

I was at save a lot on Dubois and they took down the dumb mask sign and the employees weren't wearing them anymore either. DG took their sign down. Employees at Dominoes don't wear them anymore. We ha

Id like to know the present active cases.

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, Lyndsey33 said:

Dubois logistics never closed. You would think there would have been a lot of cases there.

Not at all. The reason that we do not have the cases are our workforce make up.

Take the Hazleton area 

Latino portion of the population has surged from 4.9 percent in 2000 to about 46 percent today. A veteran police official estimated 10 percent are undocumented.

What happened here?

Reasonably priced housing and new warehouse and food-processing jobs have been strong magnets for immigrants, mostly Dominicans from New York and New Jersey, often with big families in tow. At the same time, many of Hazleton's residents, longtimers well up in years, have died. More have disappeared in the "white flight" to nearby towns in what is called the Valley.

Immigrants tend to have more cramped living space so the virus spreads faster.

On 6/19/2020 at 4:55 PM, LFG said:

My hometown had been pretty consistently climbing over the last couple of months, 2 new cases per day, 10 new cases per day, 30, and kind of stuck around 30-50. That is, until the last 10 days. It could be coincidence, and there has been more testing, but about a week after the protests started we started seeing daily increases in our county alone of 140-160 new cases per day. Yesterday we set a new state record with 987 new cases statewide

Thank you for the fair information, LFG.  Yes, this is the scenario. Unfortunately the only thing you can do is mask up and wait out the idiots who think they are invincible and everyone around them is disposable.  Please just be careful when close to others.

53 minutes ago, Petee said:

Thank you for the fair information, LFG.  Yes, this is the scenario. Unfortunately the only thing you can do is mask up and wait out the idiots who think they are invincible and everyone around them is disposable.  Please just be careful when close to others.

Seems the virus count has gone up anyway since masking went into effect back in April.

23 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

Seems the virus count has gone up anyway since masking went into effect back in April.

Statistically speaking I'd say that's not a correlation as testing, time for exposure to the virus, reduction in mitigation efforts, etc have all changed since April.  To make this comparison, you would have had to have people wearing masks in January and compare the number of cases related to the use of masks.

20 minutes ago, etsaunt said:

State Rep Cris Dush posts alot of interesting facts and numbers on his face book page.  I find it very interesting and worth a look.

It was a very good read.  I've been saying all along we need to see not only the number of new cases, but number of active cases, number of recovered cases, etc.  Other states are providing that data.  PA is not. 

12 minutes ago, MIM307 said:

It was a very good read.  I've been saying all along we need to see not only the number of new cases, but number of active cases, number of recovered cases, etc.  Other states are providing that data.  PA is not. 

Cris has been fighting to get all the numbers released but for some reason the powers that be will not release them in PA.

On 7/2/2020 at 12:07 PM, MIM307 said:

Statistically speaking I'd say that's not a correlation as testing, time for exposure to the virus, reduction in mitigation efforts, etc have all changed since April.  To make this comparison, you would have had to have people wearing masks in January and compare the number of cases related to the use of masks.

It was always coming.

The only thing that the masks and other mitigation efforts were designed to do was slow the spread so that the amount of cases didn't overwhelm hospitals. They were never intended to eradicate it. The powers that be seem to have forgotten that and now have seemingly convinced themselves that they can use those measures to actually stop it.

14 hours ago, Vader said:

It was always coming.

The only thing that the masks and other mitigation efforts were designed to do was slow the spread so that the amount of cases didn't overwhelm hospitals. They were never intended to eradicate it. The powers that be seem to have forgotten that and now have seemingly convinced themselves that they can use those measures to actually stop it.

Agreed. The purpose of the mask is not being communicated properly and thus you are getting push back on wearing one.   Communication from Wolf on the virus has been terrible since March and isn't improving.

31 minutes ago, Cacao said:

Why can't we face reality and understand that we all must get covid before it will go away?  The US cases will go up to about 328 million before it's all said and done.  

This is true but, I think their main concern is that it may follow the same path as the Spanish Flu.

The first wave there was much similar to what we're seeing now - flu-like symptoms, fairly low death rates, etc. However, when it mutated during the second wave, it simply cut a swath through everyone. It didn't matter if they were in those high-risk groups or not. 

The big question, I think, is whether or not the COVID strain has the ability to infect more than once and, if so, the idea of herd immunity becomes moot.

There seems to be a lot that they either A) don't know or B) refuse to acknowledge to the general public.

So, should we all catch it so it can go away? Or won't it matter?

31 minutes ago, Vader said:

This is true but, I think their main concern is that it may follow the same path as the Spanish Flu.

The first wave there was much similar to what we're seeing now - flu-like symptoms, fairly low death rates, etc. However, when it mutated during the second wave, it simply cut a swath through everyone. It didn't matter if they were in those high-risk groups or not. 

The big question, I think, is whether or not the COVID strain has the ability to infect more than once and, if so, the idea of herd immunity becomes moot.

There seems to be a lot that they either A) don't know or B) refuse to acknowledge to the general public.

So, should we all catch it so it can go away? Or won't it matter?

Every virus mutates.  It's a natural process.  Yes, you probably could get a different strain of covid 19 a second time.  Herd immunity would still be valuable to the initial strain.  

Time will tell.  Until then, enjoy the hysteria and don't forget to laugh every now and then.

1 hour ago, Cacao said:

Why can't we face reality and understand that we all must get covid before it will go away?  The US cases will go up to about 328 million before it's all said and done.  

Really?  That won't happen.  There are many strains of Coronavirus and more already coming.  How about people just learning to wash and protect themselves when they go out.  How about people learning to respect their country's needs so they can REALLY stay free!  How about being willing to sacrifice for the benefit of the masses?   No, you would want the weak to die to protect the masses.  Really?

The next mutations could be worse than this one.  What if a country develops a disease and releases it into the world population?  Do you want to fight something like this every year?  Do you really think this is the end of disease?  

2 hours ago, Petee said:

Really?  That won't happen.  There are many strains of Coronavirus and more already coming.  How about people just learning to wash and protect themselves when they go out.  How about people learning to respect their country's needs so they can REALLY stay free!  How about being willing to sacrifice for the benefit of the masses?   No, you would want the weak to die to protect the masses.  Really?

The next mutations could be worse than this one.  What if a country develops a disease and releases it into the world population?  Do you want to fight something like this every year?  Do you really think this is the end of disease?  

Distancing, hand washing, masks, etc are efforts to mitigate, not eliminate.  

In every form of life, only the strong survive.  One day, I won't be strong, but I'll understand.

"What if a country develops a disease and releases it into the world population?"  Sounds familiar...