GoDuBois.com

2 New COVID-19 Case Reported In Jefferson County

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to bed last night and my wife still doesn't have her mask on. Should I ask for a divorce??  ... or maybe just sleep on the couch??

I was at save a lot on Dubois and they took down the dumb mask sign and the employees weren't wearing them anymore either. DG took their sign down. Employees at Dominoes don't wear them anymore. We ha

Id like to know the present active cases.

Posted Images

On 6/19/2020 at 4:55 PM, LFG said:

My hometown had been pretty consistently climbing over the last couple of months, 2 new cases per day, 10 new cases per day, 30, and kind of stuck around 30-50. That is, until the last 10 days. It could be coincidence, and there has been more testing, but about a week after the protests started we started seeing daily increases in our county alone of 140-160 new cases per day. Yesterday we set a new state record with 987 new cases statewide

Yep, even one person running loose with it can infect a LOT of people.  Wearing a mask, probably not so many.  Here in Jefferson County, people tend to stay home and when out, stay well away from others, plus all businesses are sanitizing because they don't want to be infected either!  With a large population and maybe a higher percentage of people who don't care if they infect others, it can get to really scary numbers really fast.

On 8/21/2020 at 12:50 PM, Petee said:

I now have 4 friends or family who had had it and barely survived, one that skimmed through it. One as early as March an done as late as this week.

That sucks and I'm glad their ok.  I've had several friends and many family get the virus.  Worst any of them got was a fever for a day or two.  One who has an autoimmune disease only had a stiff neck and runny nose. 

I haven’t been on much lately, more management than time, then a much needed vacation. Anyhoo, my neck of SC has reportedly been a hotspot for a while. Averaging 80-100 new cases per day for over a month. I still only personally know one person who has had it, and a total of 3 I know through acquaintances. I’ll say the same thing today I said after my April vacation: Remove yourself from TV and internet for a few days and you wouldn’t even know anything was going on. Well, except for the dirty masks everyone is wearing below their noses :rolleyes:

15 hours ago, Bub said:

People wearing masks and constantly touching the mask and then touching everything else around them therefore increasing the spreading and receiving of various germs!

Yes interesting those numbers climbed when they mask mandate went into effect. There were less when it was not mandated 🤷. Since May I have been in North Carolina, Jamacia and California .  No mask, good hygiene, always wash my hands or use sanitzer, never sick. How can that be  if I am considered filthy to some lol.

2 minutes ago, jaman said:

More people having get togethers (ie parties)

We have had more than I can count and between 3 camps of friends and friends of friends, they are huge.  Nobody has been sick. Also with all the sports and races around here why are more people not getting this. The number for Jefferson county is still low considering how many people are in it.

1 minute ago, Lyndsey33 said:

We have had more than I can count and between 3 camps of friends and friends of friends, they are huge.  Nobody has been sick. Also with all the sports and races around here why are more people not getting this. The number for Jefferson county is still low considering how many people are in it.

I think you may have to look at the origins. It was brought back to this area.  I have noticed an increase of out of staters especially New York. And Millienials who just didnt care who went on trips.

27 minutes ago, jaman said:

I think you may have to look at the origins. It was brought back to this area.  I have noticed an increase of out of staters especially New York. And Millienials who just didnt care who went on trips.

I went on an out of state trip.  Many friends and family did likewise.  0 cases resulted from those trips.  In fact, I'm leaving on a business trip in a few hours.  I'll put money on "not getting covid".