GoDuBois.com

2 New COVID-19 Case Reported In Jefferson County

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to bed last night and my wife still doesn't have her mask on. Should I ask for a divorce??  ... or maybe just sleep on the couch??

I was at save a lot on Dubois and they took down the dumb mask sign and the employees weren't wearing them anymore either. DG took their sign down. Employees at Dominoes don't wear them anymore. We ha

Id like to know the present active cases.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, jaman said:

I wish they would tell which towns.  And only count current infection cases. That's 109 over 5 months that we know of.

It sounds more spicy to say, "109" for a small rural county or "7.45M" in the US.  It's more impactful (and misleading) to say 3 for a Jefferson county or 150,000 in the US (fyi...numbers are made up).  Heard a great quote once, "Statistics is like a bikini.  What they reveal is suggestive, what they hide is vital."

7.5 month after the virus landed in the USA and 190 days (4/6 - 10/12) since the first case was reported in Jefferson county, 0.3% of the county population has been effected.  3 people (0.007%) have died as a cause.  

In Clearfield county, 0.5% have been effected with 7 deaths (0.009%).  Combined, 0.4% effected and 10 deaths (0.008%).

GIVE US OUR FREEDOMS BACK!!!

Oct.25 - 18 new cases, now at 180.   4,065 negatives.                                                                                                                         

New Statewide Positive Cases Last Seven Days

10/26/20 – 1,407
10/25/20 – 1,666
10/24/20 – 2,043
10/23/20 – 2,219
10/22/20 – 2,063
10/21/20 – 1,425
10/20/20 – 1,557

24 minutes ago, Cacao said:

Talking with a local nurse over the weekend who told me Jefferson has 32 active and Clearfield has 73 active.

Its incredibly frustrating that DOH has that specific info but withholds it from the general public.  I've been told similar numbers by individuals in healthcare or that work for the county.  Other states also release their active case numbers, in addition to totals diagnosed, number recovered, and number of deaths.  It's really not that hard to make that figure public.

1 hour ago, MIM307 said:

Its incredibly frustrating that DOH has that specific info but withholds it from the general public.  I've been told similar numbers by individuals in healthcare or that work for the county.  Other states also release their active case numbers, in addition to totals diagnosed, number recovered, and number of deaths.  It's really not that hard to make that figure public.

I'd actually like to give this 4 thumbs up.  It is beyond frustrating and proves that our state is lacking in some of the simplest tasks.  It's a great way to get the public to lose trust in the gov't.

Jefferson County now at 185 cases.                                                                                                                                                                                                

DOH reports 2,751 new coronavirus cases in PA, 23 more deaths

by WJAC Staff

OCT 27 COVID MAP
OCT 27 COVID MAP
Facebook Share IconTwitter Share IconEmail Share Icon

HARRISBURG, Pa. (WJAC) — The Pennsylvania Department of Health confirmed an additional 2,751 coronavirus cases in the state Tuesday, bringing the statewide total to 198,446 throughout all 67 counties.

Seventy-seven percent of the state's total cases are considered to be recovered.

State health officials reported 23 more coronavirus-related deaths, bringing Pennsylvania's death toll to 8,696.

There have been 8,934 confirmed cases in our viewing area since the start of the pandemic, according to the Department of Health, and 87 total deaths.

One-hundred an ninety-four more cases were reported Tuesday.

Huntingdon County reported 58 new cases, Cambria County reported 38 more cases, Centre County reported 27 more cases and Blair County reported 26.

Somerset reported 14, Clearfield reported 11, Bedford reported nine and Cameron reported one.

Jefferson and Elk counties reported five new cases each.

According to the Department of Health, 2,254,523 patients have tested negative for the virus.

The number of tests administered within the last 7 days between October 20 and October 26 is 245,029 with 12,380 positive cases. There were 34,946 test results reported to the department through 10 p.m., October 26.

Cases by county in 6 News' viewing area are listed below:

• Bedford (392) Deaths (6) Negative (5,430)
  • Blair (1,212) Deaths (27) Negative (21,112)
  • Cambria (1,073) Deaths (7) Negative (27,531)
  • Cameron (9) Negative (523)
  • Centre (4,097) Deaths (16) Negative (35,738)
  • Clearfield (462) Deaths (7) Negative (9,450)
  • Elk (160) Deaths (2) Negative (3,105)
  • Huntingdon (932) Deaths (15) Negative (7,807)
  • Jefferson (185) Deaths (4) Negative (4,077)
  • Somerset (412) Deaths (3) Negative (12,336)

As far as our neighboring counties go: Indiana County is reporting 1,087 cases along with 16 deaths, and Westmoreland County is reporting 4,169 cases and 84 deaths.

The Department of Health says mask-wearing is now mandatory in all public spaces, and anyone who visits these states, it is recommended that you quarantine upon return.

For more information regarding coronavirus in Pennsylvania, visit the Department of Health's website here.